Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eggs

• 02-11-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

So is it a bad idea to have more than 1 egg every day or is that just an old wives tale?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Complete old wives tale dating back to the days when they thought dietary cholesterol increased serum cholesterol, every study since has shown otherwise.

Eggs are as close as you can get to a perfect food, cheap, tasty, easy to cook and packed with vitamins.

I sometimes have more than four a day and I've never felt better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

bSlick wrote: »
    So is it a bad idea to have more than 1 egg every day or is that just an old wives tale?

it depends, are you trying to lose or gain weight or just maintain good health?

Nothing wrong with more than one egg a day sometimes but there are handreds and thousands of different foods you could be eating so IMO eating that many eggs might get a bit boring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

There have been a few recent studies where people were given three eggs a day, and the egg eaters lost more weight then the control group and without any problems with cholesterol. In fact, eating eggs seems to normalise the HDL to LDL ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

corkcomp wrote: »
    it depends, are you trying to lose or gain weight or just maintain good health?

Nothing wrong with more than one egg a day sometimes but there are handreds and thousands of different foods you could be eating so IMO eating that many eggs might get a bit boring?

Eggs are never boring - poached, omlette, scrambled, boiled, boiled in salad, boiled in sandwich!!!!

The posibility are endless, eggs are cheap, filling, satisifying and very versatile!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 petercena

Well, according to me egg is something which was preferred for breakfast world widely and its up to you whether you want to have it with oil/butter. We can have it with out any fat, as much i know egg don't have fat. It is just a myth, many times i have more then 4 eggs in a day in different forms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

petercena wrote: »
    Well, according to me egg is something which was preferred for breakfast world widely and its up to you whether you want to have it with oil/butter. We can have it with out any fat, as much i know egg don't have fat. It is just a myth, many times i have more then 4 eggs in a day in different forms.

Eggs do have fat. I've no idea why you think they don't.
    But we need fat in our diet

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭czgalway

i hope its an old wifes tale ,i am eating 5 a day for the last 7 weeks and i feel great and have lost weight but i have changed the rest of my diet aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HealthyJenny

Its actually Saturated Fat that they have...not exactly good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Zombie thread - Locked - there's a post new thread button if you want to start a new discussion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement