Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried Help Desk, Mod is unwilling to Discuss the matter

Options
  • 02-11-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Firstly this is not about a banning but the type of response I got in the help desk when I wanted to discuss the merits of a certain (completely unjust banning) The fact that I was once again unjustly banned is something I was trying to discuss here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727548 in the appropirate forum but to be met with such a response as Toomevra's last one? I really don't think its fair. Whats the point in trying to argue your stance against a mod decision if they refuse to answer your very basic questions? I clearly wanted an expansive answer to my ''are you serious'' (with examples) not a snide, condescending ''yes'' from the mod.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ok I can understand a frustration you may have over a banning, but if you are sending abusive PM's as the mod in question suggests then I can see why a one word answer was forthcoming TBH. I'll engage with anyone, but when it gets abusive I switch off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

With Helpdesk, you make you case. Any mod(s) that are involved put forward their case. Then the Admins read up on it and make a decision. So far only you and the mod in question have posted. So give it time. Admins aren't on 24/7 (cause they're all lazy gits! :P ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ok I can understand a frustration you may have over a banning, but if you are sending abusive PM's as the mod in question suggests then I can see why a one word answer was forthcoming TBH. I'll engage with anyone, but when it gets abusive I switch off.

The PM wasn't abusive I just said it was a complete joke of a decision and his moderation in that instance was a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Already open in the Helpdesk - this is not an alternate routing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement