Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Sky viewing card in UK with a self purchased box?

• 02-11-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

Just moved to the UK few months back and looking to get Sky into my apartment. £35 per month for basic package with broadband over here at the moment. But I was thinking over the weekend...

Have a house back in Ireland which has full package. Could I apply for an extra viewing card, say I bought a box myself and use the card over here in the UK? I live in an apartment block that has a shared dish for all users. I might be a bit dumb when it comes to this but is it a case of plugging the dish in, sticking the card in a hey presto?

I'm a bit concerned about the whole "your box must be connected to a phone line" saga... €8 or something like that for a multiroom card! which is a hell of a lot better than £35 for basic channels!

Any thoughts would be appreciated....
    Cheers guys!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Muti room will not work as both boxes must be connected to the same phoneline otherwise you will be charged full subscription.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Spuddyspudster

Thanks for your prompt reply...

I'm not doubting your knowledge, but a friend of mine at work has done this with his parents (he gave his parents the multiroom) and they live 120 miles away??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

He will be charged full price as soon as the call back fails and lets be honest if you thought it was ok you would hardly have posted on here :)

Thanks for your prompt reply...

I'm not doubting your knowledge, but a friend of mine at work has done this with his parents (he gave his parents the multiroom) and they live 120 miles away??

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement