Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Real Runner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Dfiu.....like me.

But you didn't FIU, you got a big PB ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Had to do a double take to see who that lean machine was waving to me in SM Park ;)
    Best of luck in London - enjoy yourself but suffer a bit too!

Had to do a double take to see who that lean machine was waving to me in SM Park ;)
    Best of luck in London - enjoy yourself but suffer a bit too!

Thought you were inured??? You looked like you could jog around Boston no problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I'm warning you now meno. I don't want to get into a discussion about boxing after a rake of pints Sunday evening. Just laying the ground rules nice and early ;)

TRR wrote: »
    I'm warning you now meno. I don't want to get into a discussion about boxing after a rake of pints Sunday evening. Just laying the ground rules nice and early ;)

You're fcuked cos the coal hole has free wifi. Perfect for playing you the old classic Lennox Lewis clips ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »
    You're fcuked cos the coal hole has free wifi. Perfect for playing you the old classic Lennox Lewis clips ;)

Well if that's the case I'll be

A) Drinking somewhere else
    B) Taking inspiration of said clips and dishing out a couple of right hooks in an attempt to shut you up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

B) Taking inspiration of said clips and dishing out a couple of right hooks in an attempt to shut you up :)

I reckon it'd take more than a right hook to shut that lad up, try a solid upper cut :)

TbL

Actually, just thinking; with the hotel just across the road I could even pop over for the laptop. Makes for better viewing :)

And connect up the laptop to the pubs big screen!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Thought you were inured??? You looked like you could jog around Boston no problem ;)

Just back at it a week or so now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

You would be doing well to find any "classic" Lennox Lewis clips....now Hagler, Sugar Ray even a bit of youthful Tyson could provide some classic clips worth watching;)

PS...good luck on Sunday. Enjoy!

FBOT01 wrote: »
    You would be doing well to find any "classic" Lennox Lewis clips....

Rubbish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Enjoy the run Meno!

Rubbish :)

We will have to discuss this in more detail at some stage in the future:)

We will have to discuss this in more detail at some stage in the future:)

Well if you could be anywhere near the coal hole on Sunday, TRR would be grateful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Well if you could be anywhere near the coal hole on Sunday, TRR would be grateful ;)

Be careful meno. He already has an alibi with his double life as a westbury athlete for the weekend to get away with murder ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

3:00:01 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

3:00:01 :D

I won't have him have a faster PB than me without being sub 3 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Quirky hates Lennox Lewis or is it just cos he's Canadian ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Quirky hates Lennox Lewis or is it just cos he's Canadian ;)

Nope because he is a boring, **** fighter who only ever won world titles because it was an awful era for heavyweight boxing.

Also him being a Canadian already makes him a douche

drquirky wrote: »
    Nope because he is a boring, **** fighter who only ever won world titles because it was an awful era for heavyweight boxing.

Well put, DrQ.

drquirky wrote: »

Also him being a Canadian already makes him a douche
    Well put, DrQ.

Lewis vs Razor Ruddock??
    Lewis vs Golota anyone??
    Lewis vs Bowe in 1988 Olympic Final
    etc etc....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Are you still doing Boston?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

If i dont see you before the start, run fast:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck Niall!
    Due to your ninja style training I haven't a clue what sort of form you are really in.
    Lots of ambitious messages here telling you to go for it but can't help being a dissenter and suggesting a more conservative approach to the race if your training has not been so great in the past couple of months.
    I'd be more inclined to run it with a view to a great training run for a Summer of improvement that will lead to a surer sub 3 effort in Autumn.
    Also bear in mind that if you have a horror this weekend you'll probably not enjoy next week in Boston nearly as much!
    Anyways, if you do go for it then best of luck!

Lewis vs Razor Ruddock??
    Lewis vs Golota anyone??
    Lewis vs Bowe in 1988 Olympic Final
    etc etc....

I liked Lewis, but would have liked to see Bowe fight him as a professional. Focused, fully fit Bowe gives Lewis serious problems IMO. Pity to see the way things have worked out for Bowe.

TbL

belcarra wrote: »
    Best of luck Niall!
    Due to your ninja style training I haven't a clue what sort of form you are really in.
    Lots of ambitious messages here telling you to go for it but can't help being a dissenter and suggesting a more conservative approach to the race if your training has not been so great in the past couple of months.
    I'd be more inclined to run it with a view to a great training run for a Summer of improvement that will lead to a surer sub 3 effort in Autumn.
    Also bear in mind that if you have a horror this weekend you'll probably not enjoy next week in Boston nearly as much!
    Anyways, if you do go for it then best of luck!

Stop wrecking my head :)

I liked Lewis, but would have liked to see Bowe fight him as a professional. Focused, fully fit Bowe gives Lewis serious problems IMO. Pity to see the way things have worked out for Bowe.

TbL

The truth is Bowe was afraid to fight him after the beating he took at the olympics

• Advertisement

Are you still doing Boston?

Sure am :) It's going to be more of a drunken stroll than a run but I will enjoy it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement