Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a Real Runner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »
    That'll do, I'm tied up on Saturday too!

No gurantees though (unless you are happy to start in the afternoon) I may be having a well deserved night on the booze on saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    No gurantees though (unless you are happy to start in the afternoon) I may be having a well deserved night on the booze on saturday :pac:

Shockin! We'll sort something out as the week goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Sunday sounds like a plan so at this stage i can make it depending on the time.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Sunday sounds like a plan so at this stage i can make it depending on the time.

Claralara as usual is focused on eating her own body weight in McDonalds (ie) she has lunch plans, She's going down to the park for 9am to do 6 miles, I'll go down for 10am to do 12 and see her to the end of her 18 miler.

Claralara as usual is focused on eating her own body weight in McDonalds (ie) she has lunch plans, She's going down to the park for 9am to do 6 miles, I'll go down for 10am to do 12 and see her to the end of her 18 miler.

I'll try to make it for 10am to do 12. I may join Claralara in Mcdonalds afterwards lol. I fancy eating my bodyweight in Big macs, nyom nyom.

• Advertisement

I'll try to make it for 10am to do 12. I may join Claralara in Mcdonalds afterwards lol. I fancy eating my bodyweight in Big macs, nyom nyom.

Do you reckon there'd be anything left after that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I fancy eating my bodyweight in Big macs, nyom nyom.

Sometimes when I can't decide between a big mac or chicken, I get a cheeseburger with big mac sauce and chicken nuggets on the side...mmmm...piggy :D
    Do you reckon there'd be anything left after that one?

I am an athlete. I need to fuel the furnace!

claralara wrote: »
    I am an athlete. I need to fuel the furnace!

Oink Oink!

Sometimes when I can't decide between a big mac or chicken, I get a cheeseburger with big mac sauce and chicken nuggets on the side...mmmm...piggy :D

I have been known to get a side order of chicken nuggets with my big mac meal aswell. Thet are halla tasty but should they really be called chicken nuggets? There's about as much chicken in them as there is in my finger :pac:

I have been known to get a side order of chicken nuggets with my big mac meal aswell. Thet are halla tasty but should they really be called chicken nuggets? There's about as much chicken in them as there is in my finger :pac:

I go for the large Big Mac meal with a Big Mac on the side :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

There's about as much chicken in them as there is in my finger :pac:

I'll have you know that 5% of a McChicken Nugget is made up of 100% chicken. A 20 piece box and your golden!
    I go for the large Big Mac meal with a Big Mac on the side :D

And you wonder why we discourage the running tights?!!

And you wonder why we discourage the running tights?!!

I rock in tights......(never thought I'd utter those words!):rolleyes:

Rest day yesterday. Much needed I think.

I got two new pairs of LunarGlide 2's delivered yesterday from sub 4 (2 dashing new colours soon to be seen at a race/group run near you :P). I was actually checking the soles of the current ones I have been using and they are all ridiculously worn down. So I have now offically retired 2 more pairs (in fairness I have only gone through 3 pairs in the last year now and a bit for a grand total of about 2000 miles so that's fair enough).

Tonight I tried out one of the new pairs on the run home from work and it is like running on air again. I'm wondering if maybe my current niggles are as much due to my runnrs having been worn out? Either way, tonights run was done at what felt like a recovery pace so I was surprised to see that the pace was actually sub 8:30. Everything really felt good tonight.

8.4 miles
    @8:28 av pace.

WTD 2 days running 14.9 miles
    MTD 13 days Running 134.6 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Im getting a new pair next week for barca. Cant wait. Probably get the triax 13 again. Getting about 500, 600 miles out of them atm. Would like a change but dont wanna get a bogey pair.

7.3 miles @8:44 pace

Run into work again this morning. Went at an easy pace which turned out to be about 20 seconds per mile faster than usual for the route (which is quite uphill).

Will try a nice tempo run tomorrow since the legs seem to be in good shape at the moment.

WTD 3 days running 22.2 miles
    MTD 14 days Running 141.9 miles

Just entered Berlin Marathon 25th September. It had been a plan, but it was just pointed out that there were only 5,000 places left out of 40,000 :eek:.

Anyway, race, flights and hotel (3 nights) all booked now for about €450. They ask for your finish time in your application and I put down 3:14:00 :eek:

Now I have a plan once all this ultra stuff is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Just entered Berlin Marathon 25th September. It had been a plan, but it was just pointed out that there were only 5,000 places left out of 40,000 :eek:.

Anyway, race, flights and hotel (3 nights) all booked now for about €450. They ask for your finish time in your application and I put down 3:14:00 :eek:

Will the bet for your ultra cover much of the berlin costs?

shels4ever wrote: »
    Will the bet for your ultra cover much of the berlin costs?

about 11% only :mad: though I intend on spending those winnings in the bar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

though I intend on spending those winnings in the bar :pac:
    That won't take long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good luck in berlin. I thought about racing it but its 2 expensive. Opted for Liverpool in early October.

• Advertisement

Are you running Dublin this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Are you running Dublin this year?

Meno and myself are gonna pace you lot to pb's ;)

Meno and myself are gonna pace you lot to pb's ;)

Good man, what time are you hoping to pace?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

3'45-4hrs, meno is the same.

If you're doing cork or limerick I can pace you to 4hrs there. set you up for 3:45 in Dublin.

If you're doing cork or limerick I can pace you to 4hrs there. set you up for 3:45 in Dublin.

I've high hopes for Dublin this year ;)

Afraid I can't help you if you are looking for 3:30 or less.

Have you made a decision on cork yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I had contemplated in doing Berlin but there is only so many trips one can get away with in a year.
    At least you have a marathon target to aim for when this ultra running phase your going through passes over;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You're attempting the world's fastest marathon finish while dressed in a mankini?

• Advertisement

Have you made a decision on cork yet?

I'm going to stick with the speedwork and just run Dublin this year.
    You're attempting the world's fastest marathon finish while dressed in a mankini?

Not a bad idea, i'll follow your lead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement