Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch repairs in Galway city

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah, wouldnt mind knowing this myself. If you find out elsewhere, please do let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I have had several watches regulated in Hartmans, no repairs though. Always found them to provide a courteous and efficient service.

Richard Quinn is good too.

I would avoid Fallers at all costs. Have found them to provide a consistently poor service in terms of repair and customer care.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I would avoid Fallers at all costs. Have found them to provide a consistently poor service in terms of repair and customer care.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Anybody know of a business in galway that can repair my watch? Thanks.

it depends on the kind of watch you have. if teh jeweller doesn't stock the particular brand thez often won't repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

O'Connell watch and jewelry repair shop on Abbeygate Street (entrance beside Elizabeth C beauty salon) Third generation business. Great service and nor expensive.

I was there a few months ago and staff from 2 different jewelry shops arrive with stuff to be repaired.

That sums it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use O'Connells on Abbeygate Street. The name on the door is Watch & Jewellery Repair Centre. Open Tuesday to Saturday. Ray does the jewellery repairs, and his father, Pat, does the watches.

If they can't help you, there is a girl in Gort who does them; she used to have a workshop in Woodquay years ago.

Bear in mind that watch repair takes time (pardon the pun), and can be expensive, especially if parts have to be specially made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Fey! wrote: »
    I use O'Connells on Abbeygate Street. The name on the door is Watch & Jewellery Repair Centre. Open Tuesday to Saturday. Ray does the jewellery repairs, and his father, Pat, does the watches.

My family have been using O`Connells for years very good to deal with, Rays father has brought my 1950`s Rolex back to life on more than one occasion and Ray custom made my wifes wedding band to fit with her engagement ring, can highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

+1 on Ray O' Connor and his dad. I'm a second generation customer (my dad always goes to them too), wouldn't dream of going anywhere else to get that type of work done. Plus, as already mentioned, quite a number of jewellery shops in town send their repairs on to them so if you go to them they're only going to send it to O' Connor's and charge you their fee.

Very reasonably priced too I might add.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

+1

+ another 1 Could not recommend Fallers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

John-joe is your only man for watch repairs!

• Advertisement

God damnit, i was just going to post that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

O'Connells of Abbeygate street of course.

The reason Fallers aren't so good and Hartmans are is, Hartmans has the only certified Rolex repairers for miles (I think there are only 8 in the country) so these guys are always having to update their skills and I know one of them (he had to do some of his training in Switzerland).

They trained as watch repairers in Fas years ago. Fás no longer does that course, so now there's no training in the country for watch and clock makers... in short... there's a shortage of watch & Clock makers in the country!!!

... Fallers and other jewelars in the town send their stuff to them:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Richard Quinn is good too.

+1 (If that's Quinn's down at lower Dominic Street!)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Watches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dorz

Another +1 for O'Connells on Abbeygate Street. Having worked in the jewellery trade in galway i couldn't recommend them more. Ray and his dad are lovely, i always enjoy calling in to them. not only do i no my repairs will be done to the highest possible standard but that ill recieve the warmest of welcomes.

loads of the jewellers in galway use them 4 there repairs, but i would recommend cutting out the middle man and going straight to ray!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alantul

SNIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

alantul wrote: »

Hmm

last part of your user name is strikingly similar to the contact name

I smell a shameless plug....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep as do I. A regular member who has contributed to the community, or someone the community namechecked who gave good service I would have little issue. Not a single post from someone connected with the link though. So link snipped. Thank you

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alantul

sorry lads, didnt realise i couldnt post a link!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No worries. Like I say, a link from a regular contributor with no connection to the business is fine, but we get an awful lot of spam and people looking for free advertising, hence the hair trigger on these things. Hope you stick around anyway. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkywolf

dorz wrote: »
    Another +1 for O'Connells on Abbeygate Street. Having worked in the jewellery trade in galway i couldn't recommend them more. Ray and his dad are lovely, i always enjoy calling in to them. not only do i no my repairs will be done to the highest possible standard but that ill recieve the warmest of welcomes.

loads of the jewellers in galway use them 4 there repairs, but i would recommend cutting out the middle man and going straight to ray!!!! :D

Are they still open? I've got an obscure watch that needs fixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭cena

whats the place across the corrib court near shop street. They are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

sparkywolf wrote: »
    Are they still open? I've got an obscure watch that needs fixing.

Never heard of that Maker.....:eek:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Obscure+Watches

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bimsy

Got my watches strap fixed there. reasonably priced & quick in Galway shoe repair in Abbeygate st

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Proactive7

New Watch Repair business in Galway City - SNIP

First post advertising a new business? I think not.

Advertisement