Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste Collection - RayWhelan or AES

Options
  • 02-11-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

I have had a rep from Ray Whelan Ltd call round today offering their services. They are offering the same 240L bin for €27 as opposed to the €33 I am currently giving AES.

Would AES lower their prices to keep me as a customer? Has anyone else switched? If so, what are their services like for reliability?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

I recently signed up with Ray Whelan. Same service, and have had no reliability problems so far. I leave my bins out (refuse is weekly, recycling is fortnightly), they empty them, and I bring them back in again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Danno wrote: »
    Would AES lower their prices to keep me as a customer? Has anyone else switched? If so, what are their services like for reliability?

I rang AES when I got a Ray Whelan leaflet through the door and they dropped their prices to the same as Whelans and gave me credit for the current month. Didn't see any point in changing for no saving to me so stayed with them at the reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Do they do portarlington?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Where do I get Tags for Ray Whelan.. as it's silly maying monthly when I only put it out once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I switched over to Ray Whelan after bad experiences with Oxigen a couple of years ago; I am a happy customer- rates are reasonable, service is good and no complaints from me. I still don't get why people bother bringing refuse out to the landfill themselves? I used to do this years ago- dirty, smelly bins overflowing before you eventually decided to load up and head out to the landfill and then it was usually raining! All to save bugger all, when you factor in your time, fuel etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

I switched over to Ray Whelan after bad experiences with Oxigen a couple of years ago; I am a happy customer- rates are reasonable, service is good and no complaints from me. I still don't get why people bother bringing refuse out to the landfill themselves? I used to do this years ago- dirty, smelly bins overflowing before you eventually decided to load up and head out to the landfill and then it was usually raining! All to save bugger all, when you factor in your time, fuel etc.

Used to do the landfill run myself (when it was cost effective). I did save money, quite a lot over 12 months. Then junior arrived and the prices were hiked, made it a lot less worthwhile. Sent enquiries to all providers, Ray Whelan were not only the cheapest (always a factor!!) but also the most courteous and prompt with their replies. Had my bins the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I think AES are the company in Portarlington that collect at anywhere between 3am and 6am in a REALLY noisey and creeky truck. So think of the neighbours!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cheers lads for the replies. I contacted AES using their online form and no reply as of yet. Will phone them in the morning and if they don't price match then it's bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

AES Rang this morning and price matched. So I will continue to give them my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

budhabob wrote: »
    I think AES are the company in Portarlington that collect at anywhere between 3am and 6am in a REALLY noisey and creeky truck. So think of the neighbours!!! :D

I had this issue with AES years ago (I wasn't a customer), collecting at 2 and 3.00am; a few calls to Laois County Council soon sorted out that issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I had this issue with AES years ago (I wasn't a customer), collecting at 2 and 3.00am; a few calls to Laois County Council soon sorted out that issue!

Ya, it is them alright, checked this morning, although this morning they collected at 7am which is acceptable. 3am to 6am seems to still be common prackage though. If they oiled the bloody truck mechanism then it wouldnt be as big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Oxigen now collect waste bin weekly and recycle bin forthnightly in Port, mid day on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

mid day ???

They want the bins out before 6 am........

But the black bin out every week is great. A real chance to get rid of a lot of stuff around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

They ask for bins to be left out night before but in my experience they are collected mid day. I agree that the weekly collection is a great chance to clear out rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

port wrote: »
    Oxigen now collect waste bin weekly and recycle bin forthnightly in Port, mid day on Tuesday.
    Can you pay monthly and how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pastabrown

using ray whelan into my third year now by DD no issues a bit confusing around bank holidays but getting there calebdenr sorts that all out for you
    great service cheapest price

Advertisement