Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP & Buy.com jobs

Options
  • 02-11-2009 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

What sort of jobs are on offer and when are they being advertised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭galwaybob

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

HP (Galway) investing €11 million in Research, Development and Innovation. Buy.com to establish a European Operations Centre

http://www.idaireland.com/news-media/press-releases/90-new-jobs-announced-for/index.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 18,585 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Magnus wrote: »
    HP (Galway) investing €11 million in Research, Development and Innovation. Buy.com to establish a European Operations Centre

http://www.idaireland.com/news-media/press-releases/90-new-jobs-announced-for/index.xml

A lot of those jobs, I believe, were already filled at the time of the announcement. A lot more are apparently agency jobs working via CPL or a division of CPL, Multiflex.
    I think CPL get the majority of HP work so best to contact them (www.cpl.ie they have a galway office) and see is there anything in the offing.

HP permanent staff are still (this has been going on for years) reducing in numbers due to a voluntary (some involuntary also I believe) redundancy scheme, while more and more are being hired through the agency and work for the agency for the foreseeable.
    I've never thought it was a great set up like that, way too many middle men taking their chunk but it allows HP save money and keep the PR up...........still, jobs are jobs I suppose......

The other jobs you mention are all new, would probably be worth checking out the company website and accessing via their HR.

Advertisement