Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

detour or roadworks in athlone

Options
  • 02-11-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi everyone

anyone know what is happening with the traffic jams going into athlone?

went in there today and there was a big tailback from ganlys into town. took 40 mins to go over to the other side past the barracks by the main street.

they look to be doing something over the dual carrigeway / motorway.

im wondering how long itll last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I've been told the bypass is down to one lane. Haven't had need to go across it in a while so I don't know personally. Pain in the hole when I was running late this morning though, what's normally a 10 min max journey took 35-40. (Through town that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AK1976

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    I've been told the bypass is down to one lane. Haven't had need to go across it in a while so I don't know personally. Pain in the hole when I was running late this morning though, what's normally a 10 min max journey took 35-40. (Through town that is)

thanks bob.

i saw them last week with the cones on the road and cutting hedges but didnt really think they could still be at it and making all this hardship for that.

i hear you on the 40 mins this morning. i think everyone was late. going to have to go to work a hour earlier tomorrow i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

The east bound carriageway is down to one lane from before Ganly's to after the B&Q exit (which is closed down altogether). At least that's what it was like last week. No idea what is going on though.

Today, you couldn't get on west bound at B&Q either, road from the roundabout is closed.

i know its a joke.

dont know what they are doin but its not doin the place any good. how many people are being put out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

coming from coosan they dont decide to tell you that the road at B&Q is closed until you are on it, I was trying to go Galway direction, had to head east bound, take the ballymahon exit head towards town, head down towards arcadia, on to the dual carriage way, take the coosan exit, back up the ramp.... JOKE SHOP!

• Advertisement

roll on tomorrow!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Going West, the dualer is down to one lane from the Sports Centre, and all traffic is directed off the dualer at the coosan exit. You can go left to B&Q, or straight back up the ramp onto a full opened carriageway. To my untrained eye, there must be something up with the bridge at B&Q

Advertisement