Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheffield Utd V Newcastle United Match Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Yeah, we're getting v little from the ref last 10 mins. Christ, 3 strikers? We're not the ones 1 down Chris! :confused:

Ya could prob say 4 if you include Nolan as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It's a gamble. Because it's us it won't work.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a gamble. Because it's us it won't work.

Obviously! :pac:

Cake Man wrote: »
    Obviously! :pac:

Don't back me up!!! One of us has to be positive.

Enrique man of the match?

Your fcuking joking me, 5min added time

5 mins. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Don't back me up!!! One of us has to be positive.

Enrique man of the match?

Newcastle and positive shouldn't be in the same sentance! :D

Yeah definitely Enrique, he's been excellent.

This is horrible

EDIT: Harper u legend

Harper you fcuking beauty!!!! Shay Given eat your heart out.

Blow it up!!!!!!

• Advertisement

TOP OF THE TABLE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Well done Newcastle, that was practically the definition of a hard fought win.

Oh thank Christ for that. Feel sorry for Sheff Utd but those are the wins that get us lead us to earning promotion. Take a bow Harper.

The table is finally looking better.

The table is finally looking better.

Sure is, hopefully we can stay there now (or at least thereabouts). Peterborough at home Saturday, very good chance to get another 3 points and get some Carling cup revenge while we're at it!

Cake Man wrote: »
    Sure is, hopefully we can stay there now (or at least thereabouts). Peterborough at home Saturday, very good chance to get another 3 points and get some Carling cup revenge while we're at it!

Aye. Feck the Carling Cup anyway. We can win it when we get promoted.

• Advertisement

Carroll man of the match. He did well but maybe should've gone to Harper or Enrique.

Kevin Blackwell looks devastated. In fairness they really outplayed us in the first half and the last 10 mins of the second half. If they had played like they did in the last ten mins of the second half they would've gotten something out of the match.

It was a fluke goal from us and that changed the game in our favour. A lucky win for us. We have to perform better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

As a matterof interest how did Keith Treacy do for Shef United. I had high hopes for this lad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was watching this as a neutral tonight. Very impressed with Harper's performance. Great to see Andy Carroll continue to progress as a striker too.

As a matterof interest how did Keith Treacy do for Shef United. I had high hopes for this lad.

He was ok, lively enough. Wasted a few chances but wasn't afraid to have a few long range shots and looks to have a decent left foot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

No offence to the OP but this thread reads almost like a That_Guy monologue. I think we're better off keeping ourselves to the Newky thread.

Anyhow, super result tonight. Thought we played ok in the second half after the first 45 horror.

Really lucky to keep a clean sheet however. I think Stevie Taylor can't come back soon enough...

Leicester play the Baggies at the weekend so it will be a great chance to go clear at the top. These are the sorts we have to keep winning!

kinaldo wrote: »
    No offence to the OP but this thread reads almost like a That_Guy monologue. I think we're better off keeping ourselves to the Newky thread.

I take all offence. But yeah you're probably right.

Advertisement