Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bunratty midievel banquet

• 02-11-2009 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I'm going to a midievel banquet in bunratty castle this month and am wondering what to wear? Would I look out of place dressed up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

whatever about clothes,I do believe that you should have a good meal before you go!I believe that you only get a tiny bit of food

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

I'm not so worried about the food lol. I bought a nice dress for it and was wondering if i'd look out of place dressed up there because apparently dress code is pretty casual. I don't really have much time to find something new to wear to the thing now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's a lot of eating with you're hands, but you're clothes won't be risked, it'd be no different to most hotel restaurants, ranging from people dressed up to the 9s to people in jeans and a t-shirt, the night is more about enjoying yourself rather than being all dressed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

I was there with some visitors a year ago - there is no dress code, so I wouldn't make too much effort. We got plenty of food and drink, so couldn't agree that you'll go hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Done this a couple of years ago as part of a work function. I agree with the lasy poster, they provided plenty of food to go around, eating with hands was quite nice for a change too.

As far as I remember we had meade on arrival. For the meal we had soup, pork ribs, chicken for mains with potatoes and veg and then a medieval sponge cake soaked in liquor...all very nice in my opinion.

No dress code so wear what you like, normal going out clothes would be fine I think.

Enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I've been to a few banquets (entertaining visitors) over the years - and no complaints as yet! There's usually a quick drinks session in the reception area followed by a pleasant dinner - no shortage of wine - and some entertainment (a bit of jolly 'harping' and singing, as I remember!). No need to go mad with the dressing up, unless you want to, but something smart and comfortable would be OK. Usually a fun atmosphere, especially if you have some American tourists mixed in ...!

Enjoy, it's a good 'ye olde' part of our heritage :D !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Sabrielle

Thanks for all the comments, feel a bit more informed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

As said above. Its all about having fun on the night. You will have people dressed down and people dressed up. As long as you feel comfortable in what you wear then thats all that counts. Food is good, and plenty to drink. Good entertainment= a Good night! People dressed up would be a common sight at the abnquet. Especially around this time of year as its more "locals" than tourists!

Advertisement