Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband Service.

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭

Anybody use the 3 Broadband service? I've had it since July and its been nothing but crashes. Last month I sent in my Broadband key into them and they sent me a new one [probably so I won't cancel the contract] and it still crashes. I am thinking of not paying my bill until the service improves [I keep getting the Chorus excuse "There is a fault in Kilkenny"]

Anybody else have problems with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check out the epic thread about them on the broadband/midband forum - thousands of posts complaining about the quality of their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks Stephen. By the looks of that thread it looks like I'm not the only one having problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Thanks Stephen. By the looks of that thread it looks like I'm not the only one having problems.

Your certainly not, you won't be the first nor the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

yeah im in robertshill using 3g card it does tend to drop alot quite annoying alright :mad:

Cabaal wrote: »
    Your certainly not, you won't be the first nor the last.

Believe me I realize that. I know Broadband service here in Ireland isn't that great but these companies should atleast be trying to give us some decent service.

• Advertisement

yeah im in robertshill using 3g card it does tend to drop alot quite annoying alright :mad:

In the last hour I have had to disconnect/reconnect several times. I'm right here in the city centre. I'm up the road from the Motor Tax office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

If you value your stability of connectivity you'll get a connection that plugs into a wall.. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I had it for 12 long months and it was horrific. Everything that's in the megathread in the midband forum is true. Really, mobile internet is only any good if you can't get proper broadband or you're moving around and aren't in a position to get fixed broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mason Fairbanks

I've got the 3 Broadband over a year now and it's been superb for me. Rarely encounter any issues with connecting or performance. :)

I live in the good side of town, ie not St.Johns side :pac::pac:

I'll definitely be going back to Eircom. I moved over the summer so I had to cancel my Eircom broadband [much better than Chorus] so my Sister and I went with 3. Little did we know there would be so much hassle involved.

• Advertisement

Just a qucik update. just in the last half four alone I have had to disconnect/ reconnect several times. I definitely won't be paying my bill next week. Let them call and harass/threaten all they want because i will let them know that they will not see a penny from me until quality service i guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Just a quick update. just in the last half four alone I have had to disconnect/ reconnect several times. I definitely won't be paying my bill next week. Let them call and harass/threaten all they want because i will let them know that they will not see a penny from me until quality service i guaranteed.

have you got a record of all your attempts to solve this with them? E-mails/Phone records, dates/times of these issues etc..? you might need these.

Have 3 just not been getting back to you? Is there an ombudsman/person of power you can contact about this to make a complaint? If so you'll need to be able to prove your contact.

have you got a record of all your attempts to solve this with them? E-mails/Phone records, dates/times of these issues etc..? you might need these.

Have 3 just not been getting back to you? Is there an ombudsman/person of power you can contact about this to make a complaint? If so you'll need to be able to prove your contact.

Usually if/when they're not really that helpful since the problem keeps happening. I keep getting the usual "There is a fault in Kilkenny" excuse. I've made complaints before but it doesn't seem to do any good.

Tell them there's a fault with the fact that their business model advocates charging people top dollar for SHíT SERVICE.
    JohnMc1 wrote:
    my Eircom broadband [much better than Chorus]

Really? Hmm... Recently I ordered the Chorus "10 Meg" (ha ha, that's a good one) package cause I needed TV anyway, and there's no download cap which means I can download loads of treats to my 1TB pride and joy.

Didn't go Eircom cause I don't need a phone, though I have to say we have Eircom in the parents' place and it is rather good, stable as ya like and all round decent apart from the suspect speed, which I suspect is as a direct result of our distance to the exchange..

Is the Chorus broadband really as bad as their adverts? Because if they are suckin' I'll be leavin'. I needs my international network access so I does.

Wouldn't touch 3 'broadband' with a very long pole. Heard and seen to many bad stories. Mason, you must live IN the actual mast itself. It's the only explanation.

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Tell them there's a fault with the fact that their business model advocates charging people top dollar for SHíT SERVICE.

I told them that numerous times. Doesn't seem to do any good. Bashing your head against the wall is alot more productive at this point. It seems like these companies really don't give a **** about their customers.

Really? Hmm... Recently I ordered the Chorus "10 Meg" (ha ha, that's a good one) package cause I needed TV anyway, and there's no download cap which means I can download loads of treats to my 1TB pride and joy.

Didn't go Eircom cause I don't need a phone, though I have to say we have Eircom in the parents' place and it is rather good, stable as ya like and all round decent apart from the suspect speed, which I suspect is as a direct result of our distance to the exchange..

Is the Chorus broadband really as bad as their adverts? Because if they are suckin' I'll be leavin'. I needs my international network access so I does.

Wouldn't touch 3 'broadband' with a very long pole. Heard and seen to many bad stories. Mason, you must live IN the actual mast itself. It's the only explanation.

There's that head bashing against the wall analogy. Chorus was terrible. I remeber at one point the service went out every weekend for Months and all they would me is "There's a fault in Kilkenny" [Hence why I dubbed it the Chorus excuse] I filed complaint after complaint and nothing [enter head bashing analogy] and the only thing they would do is take 2 euros of our bill. Eircom called us to offer us a great bundle package for the phone and broadband and we took it. It probably the best broadband service in ireland. It rarely went out and if it did it quickly came back.

How I hate crap service. It's why I moved to o2 from Meteor. I figured I was spending the same on the cut-off calls and indecipherable dialogue anyway.

I'll give Chorus a month to prove their worth so, and if they don't rise to the challenge they can go eat a hat full of d*cks (without being paid).

fabbydabby wrote: »
    How I hate crap service. It's why I moved to o2 from Meteor. I figured I was spending the same on the cut-off calls and indecipherable dialogue anyway.

I'll give Chorus a month to prove their worth so, and if they don't rise to the challenge they can go eat a hat full of d*cks (without being paid).

I know how you feel. I'm ready to drop 3. My sister is the one dragging her feet about it.

Advertisement