Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90si

• 02-11-2009 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hey we've had a Triton T90si for about 9 years at this stage. We had a problem with it about a year ago and got the brushes replaced which fixed it back up again.

Now we have encountered another problem, it is pumping fine but pumping cold water (luke warm when you turn it to the highest possible temperature).

Is this likely to be the element (which I presume is the "can assembly")? I have found spare parts websites online where this can be got quite cheaply and presumably it is easy to replace once you isolate the power supply etc.

Just don't want to buy the part and find the problem is something else!!

Also does anyone know on the shower where it says what KW the shower is, or does that actually matter, could you replace it with a higher KW than you had previously or is the KW capacity also based on other parts in the unit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No everything about the shower except that.

www.showerdoctor.co.uk

might be able to help you on that. howver it can be only one of 3 things

The motor
    The heating element
    The thermostat.

Can you test the element with a meter. Or better still take it out bring it to an electrical shop like T O'Reilly and ask them

The parts people for triton in ireland are

Pereka

and

Earthridge(Barrets of maynooth)

If your competent and you sound like you are they are hand to change over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Replaced both the thermostat and the element and its working fine now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

johnfás wrote: »
    Replaced both the thermostat and the element and its working fine now :).

Was just going to say that 9 years is a good life for an electric shower. Am always nervous of water with electrical appliances even with an elcb fitted.
    If you need any further parts then I have an old T90si in the shed awaiting binning in case you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

I have what I suspect it the brushes gone in the motor on my Triton T90SI shower. Where did you get the carbon brushes for the shower as I really need to sort this out. Absoulutey no pressure and the shower motor doesnt sound the same. By the way the problem you have with yours is most likely the shome heater can. You can take it out easy enough and de scale the can. Just remember to block the hole on the bottom and turn it upside dow to get the de scaler all the way trhu it. Seem to have a u bend or something inside in it. Also it it easy enough to chage the brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lizzymad

Hi .bibibobo any chance of getting the shower unit t90si off you for spares?,My daughter is in a flat and the shower unit is needing the part at the bottom of the motor with the 4 screws holding it on,i think its a filter of some sort,any Chance? Regards mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

lizzymad wrote: »
    Hi .bibibobo any chance of getting the shower unit t90si off you for spares?,My daughter is in a flat and the shower unit is needing the part at the bottom of the motor with the 4 screws holding it on,i think its a filter of some sort,any Chance? Regards mick

Be careful thats the pump houseing and it very rearely comes away. The no.1 cause for making it come away is connecting a T90 to the mains.

Having said that i am sure you know its a tank fed shower.

Advertisement