Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paperwork shredder; possible to rent?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Right, I am looking around my workspace and see tonnes of paper from college from the past year or so and some letters/post..basically I want to shred the lot rather than just ripping it up and putting in the green bin(takes agggess and don't feel it's shredded enough)

So does anyone know if you can rent shredders or do people normally buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Never heard of a hire company.

Basic domestic models cost about E15-20.

They will take a while, 'cos they only do a few pages at a time, and they're only straight-cut so you might think it's "not enough".

Cross-cut ones are more expensive ... can't remember how much though. (Check the argos site, their prices were roughly similar to Easons.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We've a cross cut one that I can lend you - only does 6 or 7 sheets at a time but it's alright. Also, with the cross cutting the bits also take up less space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Deadly Xiney, might take you up in that, maybe in a week or so. Altho I may still invest in one for the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

they're seriously handy to have - haven't regretted getting ours anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

May I recommend fire? I use it to dispose of all kinds of incriminating documents...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I know I shouldn't but I actually still burn the really personal/confidential stuff:o

Reckon you can't be too careful:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Connacht Recycling in Claregalway operate Confidential Shredding. I think that they charge about €7-€10 for a bag of shredding, and they have a van in around the town regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭ceoexec2

cross cut shredder 29.99 in lidl from 31 december

Advertisement