Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water coming from bath & taps in bathroom

Options
  • 02-11-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

We have had a plumbing issue where we had to leave the taps running in order to flush the toilet lately (we are awaiting a visit from a plumber) I had the taps running tonight, flushed the toilet but now no water at all from the taps or bath/shower. I can hear water maybe refilling in the boiler.

Is there anything I can do to get the water back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ok the taps are working again but the water seems to be constantly refilling, how can I turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

angel01 wrote: »
    Ok the taps are working again but the water seems to be constantly refilling, how can I turn it off?

Whats constantly refilling? The main water storage tank in the attic? Is it an apartment, or house? Have you had work done, or has this problem started out of the blue?

Davy wrote: »
    Whats constantly refilling? The main water storage tank in the attic? Is it an apartment, or house? Have you had work done, or has this problem started out of the blue?

We live in an apartment, I can just hear the water going in the boiler for quite a long time now. We haven't had any work done, the plumber thinks there could be a pump issue as we can only flush the toilet with the taps running :( and after having the taps running for a bit of time, the noise from the water in the boiler has been going a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The water is just refilling the storage tank, normally above your hot water cylinder, its a black plastic tank.

When you turn the taps off, the tank will stop filling a few minutes after once its full.

Davy wrote: »
    The water is just refilling the storage tank, normally above your hot water cylinder, its a black plastic tank.

When you turn the taps off, the tank will stop filling a few minutes after once its full.

I am guessing because I had the taps on a long time :o it would take longer to stop... thanks sorry was just panicking, didn't want to flood the place.

It has just stopped now. I will be able to sleep tonight :D

I will give the plumber a ring tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Why is it in electrical? :rolleyes:

ronaneire wrote: »
    Why is it in electrical? :rolleyes:

Sorry mr Mod.. I don't know of all the forums on here (as there are so many). I put it where I thought it should go. Feel free to move if needed.

Advertisement