Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Fan Controllers

Options
  • 02-11-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    My usual lair for cheapy computer accessories, namely dealextreme.com is vacant of any suitable fan controllers...

I need a fan controller, ideally it could control 5 molex case fans. Worst case scenario is that it would only control 2/3 (i could live with that).

Best case scenario is that it would be really cheap, and have an lcd display/or any kind of lighting coolness for 5 fans.

Something like this would be brilliant
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15666

Could someone plz also explain to me which connectors this thing has. Thinking of getting two, would that do the job?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

From the looks of that it will control three fans but only the 3pin kind not molex.As far as i know ive not seen any controllers that use anything but the 3pin connection.
    It takes one molex to power the unit so thats what you see in the pic as its not for the fans itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

game4it70 wrote: »
    It takes one molex to power the unit so thats what you see in the pic as its not for the fans itself.

Sure it is

Cheers for the response though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

I use one of these:
    Scythe Kaze Q 3.5inch Fan Controllers. Grated it has only 3 Pin Connectors but I have 2 Molex Fans connected by way of the magic adaptor on 1 3Pin header :D

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    I use one of these:
    Scythe Kaze Q 3.5inch Fan Controllers. Grated it has only 3 Pin Connectors but I have 2 Molex Fans connected by way of the magic adaptor on 1 3Pin header :D

Only problem is with that is that it's a 3.5" bay :(

Also if anyone has any cheapy sites that there might be something on that they've found i would be very grateful.

cheers

blumphttp://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blump

If you don't know what a blump is click on the link.

I didn't think it would be appropriate to link to an image...

For images click on this link http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1753/114/n5451587918_5899.jpg

OMG can't believe you clicked the link! You guys are sick

Also bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Effluo wrote: »
    Only problem is with that is that it's a 3.5" bay :(

Also if anyone has any cheapy sites that there might be something on that they've found i would be very grateful.

cheers

Try the Scythe Kaze Master,€40 in Peats,€32.That should do it for you

Advertisement