Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

80kph!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

i dought it!!! wouldnt like to be the lad trying to stop it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I have a 95 155-65 that could do around 70 kph so its possable they had a 80kph box since then
    no problem stopping it as its more akin to a truck than a tractor air brakes suspencion etc. but you would need an acre of ground to turn them not great in tight yard but ideal for road work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Supposedly they could be de-restricted alright.

JCB have tested fastracs at over 75mph!! but they dont let them out to the public like that funnily enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

yes Fastracks are capable of that speed and as such are allowed on Motorways and such.

But iirc you can't us ag diesel in them if rated to go that fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

The first Fast-Tracs to be imported second hand from England could do 80KPH, the machines sold here could only do 70KPH, that was in the early days, but beware the high speed ones had horrendous gearbox problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭cormywormy

My friend, a contractor had an 85kph fastrac.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ruxpin82

yeah usually the early ones with the small wheels, i remember doing 52mph with 20tons of potatoes behind, hell of a tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Yep, I clocked one doing over 50 m.p.h. a few years back.

Advertisement