Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultural Context-Am I right?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I open my cultural context question, saying what cultural context refers to then i say the texts that i have studied are 'blah blah blah'

then i begin

Lies of silence takes place in belfast blah blah blah, likewise dancing at lughnasa also takes place in ireland however the societies in which they are set differ-belfast=urban, donegal =rural. in contrast to LOS and DAL, Il Postino takes place on the island of capri off the coast of naples. despite these geographical differences the cultural context of DAL and IP share similar charachteristics. both capri and donegal are isolated and poverty is rife.

i used better english than that but is that what they are looking for?

Also what are a list of words you can use in comparative to avoid repeating yourself over and over. so other words for :

likewise and in contrast

Advertisement