Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie night in SET?

Options
  • 02-11-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I heard there is an indie night in SET on Saturday Nights? Does anyone know is this every Saturday night, or has better yet has anyone been to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I havent heard anything about it but its a bloody good idea.

Try their facebook.

*Edit, I think you are referring to Soul Kitchen with Davy Holland. Got that info on their facebook doncha know.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Well this saturday is soul kitchen, its a funk and soul night on after whatever gig is in there. There's talk that this is going to be on every 2nd saturday so maybe the indie night will be the other saturday??

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

At the moment the only plan is the Soul Kitchen every second week. I reckon there'll be a club night of this ilk every Saturday night a band is playing.

I've been there over the past few weeks and the Soul Kitchen has a whole new lease of life, the place has been nicely filled but not too packed and its a really good buzz. A much needed addition to Kilkenny's club scene.

I reckon they'll keep it open as it seems to be the best thing Langtons have to remedy all the custom they've lost to the Left Bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gercantwell

i hear an indie night is definitely on the way soon enough (maybe within the next week or two). will keep posted if i hear more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

That'd be class! I'd like to see more bands like that in there. Everyone go see Fred on the...27th? €12.50 in and one of the best Irish bands doing the rounds. Cool rock with some jazz fusion. Look 'em up!
    Website
    Their Massive Crowd At Oxegen
    "Running"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Gemma Hayes is played Cleere's on the same night as Fred :o

slightly off-topic: I'm desperately looking for two tickets for sale for the Bell X1 gig on Friday Dec 11? Hope someone out there can help out!

Fred over Gemma Hayes!

I wouldn't mind being over Gemma Hayes.

INDIE NIGHT TONIGHT - 21th NOV - SAT!!!!!!!!!!!
    aptly called "Gold Soundz" ( see what they did there eh!!!??)

about time i say!!!!! PAVEMENT HEAVEN!!!

*p.s. i love when people are clever with their usernames!!!
    thanks Mr. Rollercoaster!!!!!*:D

Cool, I'll be there!

• Advertisement

Did anyone go? I didn't get time in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Healium wrote: »
    Fred over Gemma Hayes!

heard that Gemma Hayes in Cleere's is postponed until Janaury, as she's up for a music award somewhere... so Fred it is :p

YAY! Everyone come to Fred!

Indie night was excellent. As you would expect with the maestro that is Davey Holland behind the decks. Serious stuff. Could have done with more of a crowd earlier on but it had filled up nicely by the end. It bodes well for late night dancing options in Kilkenny, they're gonna do something every weekend I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

does anyone know if the indie nights gonna be a regular fixture. Found out about it too late to organise a babysitter!

Yup as it stands they're going to be running every Saturday night.

Davey Holland is the in house sound techie in the Set and as he's one of the best DJ's in Kilkenny, he'll be playing in there an awful lot. There's a few other guys they got in there too, Brian Butler and a guy called DJ Thierry. All in all, a good group of disc spinners.

They're keeping it low key at the moment so as not to encourage the wrong crowd but it's been quality in there so far, if not a little sparse in attendance.

This Saturday it's the Soul Kitchen which has been the best semi regular club night in Kilkenny for the past 5 years and instead of its previous Sunday night in the Zoo and Thursday night in the Pumphouse slots, it's now on Saturday nights in Set and it's just fantastic. They also play a nice range of blaxploitation films on the big screen too. All in all, considering it's currently free of charge, a quality end to a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Threadhead wrote: »
    They're keeping it low key at the moment so as not to encourage the wrong crowd but it's been quality in there so far, if not a little sparse in attendance.

Dont worry, it wont be long till the bellends decend on our sacred late night dancing.

They seem to be wary of people coming in from the wrong side of Langtons.

I think there's a secret handshake on the door.

he's one of the best DJ's in Kilkenny
    An audacious claim, Mr. Head!

Really? How so?

In a city that is starved of club nights and DJ's who don't cater for the Lady Gaga and Akon fans, Mr. Holland is a breath of fresh air I think.

• Advertisement

Really? How so?
    Because there are a LOT of very good DJ's and turntabilists locally, that's all.

No reflection on anyone. Just a lot of competition.

Meeeeow

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Because there are a LOT of very good DJ's and turntabilists locally, that's all.

No reflection on anyone. Just a lot of competition.
    i agree , there are alot of djs in kilkenny all using vinyl , me being one of them. and theres a few turntablists i know also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 roller66

but davies so cute

He has the prettiest eyes.

if anyone didnt see the front of the People this week (ha, it's amazing what makes the front of the paper these days!! LOL) then Gold Soundz Indie Night is on again this Sat 05th Dec!!!!!!! :D

if anyone didnt see the front of the People this week (ha, it's amazing what makes the front of the paper these days!! LOL) then Gold Soundz Indie Night is on again this Sat 05th Dec!!!!!!! :D
    Was it not about child abuse or something? :confused:

Careful now...

Advertisement