Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Day on the Eastside :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

topper75 wrote: »
    This info is correct. I think they were a nasty freak for Limerick though and it shouldn't happen in Galway. I read about some stuff they were doing as pups in London and they were very vicious from the off, beating up of pensioners in flats. Limerick had some tough guys for sure pre-2000 and it had a drug trade (what town in Ireland doesn't :() but this London scum brought it to a whole new level and are key to the feud down there.

OP - worth a call to the cops? just to register it if nothing else. If you don't tell 'em, they can't know.

Afaik, the gang didn't have any original connection to Limerick, one of them married into a family of travellers who had connections in Limerick. disaster really.

Pretty sure the same gang will eventually move out of Limerick too, once the hassle gets too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Krieg wrote: »
    How the hell do you burn down a butchers shop? :confused:

With fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Afaik, the gang didn't have any original connection to Limerick, one of them married into a family of travellers who had connections in Limerick. disaster really.

Pretty sure the same gang will eventually move out of Limerick too, once the hassle gets too much for them.

19 dead since the feud began about 6/7 years ago. I don't think they're going anywhere soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I avoid that area if I can at all...although I do make the odd trip out to Supervalu or Xtra-Vision. It's always been infested by this kind of stuff. It's not only there anymore though, it's everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Reporting to the cops is also a waste of time.
    A family member runs a shop in town and is sick and tired of the cops attitude, he rings them if there is trouble outside the shop and gets no interest from the cops.
    They'll fill in the paperwork and that will be it.
    Calling it a waste of time posting on threads is a bit wrong, at least it highlights to people to be on their guard if going to that shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Krieg wrote: »
    How the hell do you burn down a butchers shop? :confused:

Who knows but i bet the smell was delicious! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

KevR wrote: »
    At least by posting it here people will be aware that there is a gang of brats hanging around that area. There's no harm in people being informed of things like that.

Too right, my wife & little one go up to Super Valu in ballybane 2-3 times a week...... after reading this thread..... Not anymore!

P.s do report it to the Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

I was going to inform Super Valu of this thread in the hope it would spur them into action.....

There are no contact email addresses available on their site http://www.supervalu.ie/home/about_us.589.aboutus.html

Guess they don't want feedback from their customers.

O well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

KevR wrote: »
    The parents should be held responsible. If they are on benefits the least they can do to return the favour to the country is to keep their little brats in line. If they won't come down tough on their kids and make them behave, their benefits should be stopped (no dole, no rent allowance, no childrens allowance....nothing). They should be put out on the street to starve.

I know there are some parents who try their best but still have troublesome kids. But there are many who don't try at all. Also, there is a fair share of parents who work and don't do anything about their bratty kids; I'm sure there are ways other than cutting off benefits to penalise them.

This reminds me of a conversation i was having with a friend lately.

I put forward the argument that i think parents should need a license to have children.

How and ever, while ''Child Benefit'' remains, scum-bags will continue to have children as they're only in it for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Read an article recently that a woman in some part of Scotland was told she is too stupid to have kids or get married. Basically the council won't allow her to get married and they have said if she ever does have kids that they will be immediately taken from her custody (presumeably because she wouldn't be able to raise them properly and they would be a high risk of turning out as troublesome kids/teens).

Make of that, what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Certain people should never be allowed to breed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

pencil wrote: »
    I was going to inform Super Valu of this thread in the hope it would spur them into action.....

There are no contact email addresses available on their site http://www.supervalu.ie/home/about_us.589.aboutus.html

Guess they don't want feedback from their customers.

O well!

group@musgrave.ie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

in bygone days of yore you would have had a shilleleagh to crack heads.

jayoo wrote: »

waht does the city do for these people nada. if you want to blame anyone, blame the city fathers. they do nothing for the people of Galway. galway has very few FREE facilities (if you have money its a different matter). what about a few basketball courts or skateboard parks. have seen them abroad and there was less crime as a result.

This reminds me of a conversation i was having with a friend lately.

I put forward the argument that i think parents should need a license to have children.

How and ever, while ''Child Benefit'' remains, scum-bags will continue to have children as they're only in it for the money

if you have money then you are looked after. if you don't too bad. no wonder these people have such a chip on their shoulder. its cheaper to build facilities for tehm than to incarcerate tehm

jayoo wrote: »
    should working class people be forefully sterilised? sounds like soemthing out of Ross o carroll kelly book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Fuinseog wrote: »
    waht does the city do for these people nada. if you want to blame anyone, blame the city fathers. they do nothing for the people of Galway. galway has very few FREE facilities (if you have money its a different matter). what about a few basketball courts or skateboard parks. have seen them abroad and there was less crime as a result.

Ahh the old society is to blame for them being scumbags, didn't give them enough free stuff so they had to stab and rob decent people as a result.
    Yeah real sob stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

We didnt have anything when we were growing up, but we didnt use that as an excuse to go round htreatening to stab people.
    The previous statement should be also changed to SOME parents need a licence to have children

Parents are to blame for mis-behaving children, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

alibabba wrote: »
    We didnt have anything when we were growing up, but we didnt use that as an excuse to go round htreatening to stab people.
    The previous statement should be also changed to SOME parents need a licence to have children

Thank you for that. didnt have anything either when growing up (as well as most of the people around at the time) but that didnt stop us from being taught manners and to show a bit of respect. blaming 'society' is such a cop out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

This is interesting because I now live in Galway but where I am from we had a real bad problem with a load of Hoodies. You may have heard about it on the news. It was so bad people stopped going out. It ended in these 'hoodies' picking on the wrong lad and the Continuinity IRA had to step in and clear them out. The boys in blue couldn't do a thing. Some of these lads had records going back to when they were 6 years old. There is no hope for them to change. Its not an ideal but it worked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

alibabba wrote: »

in the olden days if a gurrier threatened you you decked him. thats how things were done. the law however, is there to protect the gurrier. it is a law that middle class phoney librerals hepled to introduce.
    parts of the city are regarded as having a high gurrier element. it can change. bohermore was considere to rough in teh eighties, now its not.

RuthieRose wrote: »
    This is interesting because I now live in Galway but where I am from we had a real bad problem with a load of Hoodies. You may have heard about it on the news. It was so bad people stopped going out. It ended in these 'hoodies' picking on the wrong lad and the Continuinity IRA had to step in and clear them out. The boys in blue couldn't do a thing. Some of these lads had records going back to when they were 6 years old. There is no hope for them to change. Its not an ideal but it worked!!

in a facist police state this would not happen, but whenever a politican wants to get tough on crime we get rid of tehm. see mcdowell.

muskyj wrote: »
    Thank you for that. didnt have anything either when growing up (as well as most of the people around at the time) but that didnt stop us from being taught manners and to show a bit of respect. blaming 'society' is such a cop out!

manners were beaten in to you. spare the rod....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

We don't owe them anything and what some of them are currently getting is far too much in a lot of people's opinions.

As I said in an earlier post - if they're getting dole, rent allowance, child benefit; the least they can do to pay back the country and the taxpayers of Galway City is to behave themselves, not go around harassing and intimidating decent people.

Some of them have never worked a day in their lives (even during the boom times when jobs were very plentiful).

There's too much of a sense of entitlement in this country. Some people think they should have a high quality of life handed to them on a plate without having to lift a finger. And people think they should be entitled to go around harassing, intimidating and bullying people just because they feel like it.

There are 2 all-weather pitches, several grass pitches, tennis courts and basketball courts near where I live. The all weather pitches are a health hazard because of skangers going in drinking in them and smashing glass bottles everywhere. Same story with the tennis & basketball courts. Funny how the decent hardworking taxpayers can't enjoy/use these facilities (that we paid for!) because the scroungers wrecked it. There are facilities available, they choose to either destroy them or to not use them and go causing other trouble instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

whenever a politican wants to get tough on crime we get rid of them. see mcdowell.

He stood for election in leafy suburban S. Dublin, the middleclass liberal bleeding heart of Ireland. Big mistake.

To be honest, I had other issues with him. But credit that he was looking to address some real issues at least.

No politician or judge suffers from the activities of this element on a day-to-day basis, so for them - there IS no problem. Just poor misfortunes maybe that like to wear tracksuits. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement