Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

308 semi auto

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sparks wrote: »
    You know, even I have trouble faulting the Powers That Be for looking at an MP5 and thinking it's not really a hunting or sporting firearm.
    Careful there on definations Sparks!That kind of lassiezfaire attitude has got us into our prediciment here.After all somone has said 9mm pistols have no "Sporting use."
    Hence the push from the EU to not turn a blind eye to it...
    Except when it suits individual EU state member foriegn policies.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Well, it does - just not outside the EU.
    But feck it, you have to start somewhere

But dont upset the Russian Bear ,who is busily flogging Aks and whatnot to anyone with the Euros.Ask any Mexican drug cartel or Russian Mafika in Berlin,wether this is a major impediment to kitting up..:rolleyes:..
    It's just a usual go for the easy options feelgood by people who have no clue how to deal with a multi Billion dollar product.Fourth behind food,oil and drugs.:rolleyes:

Not so much really, as they were careful with their definitions.
    REALLLLLyyyyy????How is "semi automatic firearms with military applications,features or potential military applications" Very careful???? That could imply a semi auto shotgun is a military firearm,even if it was never concieved as one.Even worse.An air rifle could fall into that category if it had certain features.
    Again, you're mixing up the EU and its member states. The way the europass is treated here and in the UK is akin to how we still have VRT and do other things that break EU directives.

Nah!! No kidding??:rolleyes::rolleyes: Ergo,as I said in Theory....It should work here,but with our a la carte EU membership.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

And we wonder why they compare here to US :rolleyes:

And as you refuse to post reason/s for a s/a 308 being more suitable than a b/a I presume you don't have any reasonable ones :p

Oh I have plenty of reasonable onesBS. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO POST THEM HERE ON AN OPEN FORUM!!! THIRD TIME!!!! There might be people out there applying for semi rifles who might have some of my good reasons on their applications,so I am having a bit of consideration for them in not giving the DOJ and/or Gardai Cheif Supers grist for their mills to be able to formulate refusals to their good reasons because they read here on Boards what are good reasons! I replied and refused to reply nicely to this stupid question twice, in this thread and if you think you are going to get a rise or answer out of me by this juvenile line of arguement.You are badly mistaken. :mad::mad::mad: Grow UP FFS!!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Oh I have plenty of reasonable onesBS. BUT I AM NOT GOING TO POST THEM HERE ON AN OPEN FORUM!!! THIRD TIME!!!! There might be people out there applying for semi rifles who might have some of my good reasons on their applications,so I am having a bit of consideration for them in not giving the DOJ and/or Gardai Cheif Supers grist for their mills to be able to formulate refusals to their good reasons because they read here on Boards what are good reasons! I replied and refused to reply nicely to this stupid question twice, in this thread and if you think you are going to get a rise or answer out of me by this juvenile line of arguement.You are badly mistaken. :mad::mad::mad: Grow UP FFS!!

pm would be nice:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

For driven hunting abroad, a semi-auto would be ideal. I'll take a Sauer 303 in .338 Win Mag for boar, please. :)

From discussions with people who do this type of shooting s/a is the last thing they want :eek: Possibility of a jam concerns them

And said powers that be have 3 months to come with a reason/s to refuse to accept these good reasons. They will have plenty of time to check Boards.ie and lots of other sites too :P

• Advertisement

By the Who.;)
    Look guys,Iam proably going to pee off alot of people here with this post,but I have no intention doing this deliberatly.
    Simply put,I am not going to post my good reasons for owning a semi either publicly,for the reasons I mentioned in the last post or privately for pretty much the same reasons .END OF!
    Not casting asperations on ANYONES chacter .But do we REALLY know who the majority of us are who are posting here??? We know there are Gardai/DOJ reading here,they are also POSTING here as well.
    I have confirmation of one poster and even that it is a Ban Garda as well.She hasnt been around in a long while,but her other posts and quiries on other things here on Boards,in relation to things Limerick gave her away.And enough of that as well.:cool:
    There has been enough damage done to our sport,by us gabbing away here on things that maybe we shouldnt have.[Me included 100% in that:(.]So therefore I am tighting up abit on what I consider sensitive info.We have lost enough"lives" thru careless talk,and I dont want to be a part of it or people losing another type of firearm thru somthing I said here either in public or privately.
    No bother talking about what is in the public domain currently on the boards,or history,or how to repair damage,or whatever.But not anymore on future stuff.Unless I have met you in the flesh,and that is appx six people here,[one a Mod] please dont ask me for this kind of info.;)

If you think this is going somwhat OTT or Grizz is going paranoid.
    May I tell this story of the now restricted Shotgun SLUG ammo?It was reported that somone said in the DOJ,that they had never even HEARD of shotgun slugs until it was posted and debated here on Boards!!!And I had a most intresting chat with a Superintendant about this in his office about one of my posts on this and other Boards posts around this time last year.
    .So so sorry ,no more freebies to be used against us from me....:P

Anyways c'mon if you know firearms you should be able to come up with at least six good reasons yourselves as why you would want a semi rifle.:D
    Regds
    Grizzly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

From discussions with people who do this type of shooting s/a is the last thing they want :eek: Possibility of a jam concerns them

Nay, that's more dangerous game where you may have to act in self defence, hence the popularity of double rifles. Semi-autos are extremely popular for continental driven hunting. Like I say, a nice Sauer 303 would be the job. The Browning BAR has long been a well loved tool for the job.

Can't shoot in a VCRAI-style Garand match without a Garand...

You should check ot the VCRAI forum ;) Garand style match :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You should check ot the VCRAI forum ;) Garand style match :rolleyes:
    Just 'cos you want to shoot prone... ;)

Just 'cos you want to shoot prone... ;)

Lurking ........... are we .............. :) ..............I wanna shoot ISSF really ;) but people might think we're buddies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's okay bunny, everyone knows I think you're a right <snip> anyway :D

Advertisement