Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Imagine WiMax

Options
  • 02-11-2009 11:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick note to those of you that live in the area to register your interest for this :

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax-splash/index.html

Its Imagines new WiMax service , could be good mite be bad but it should be a better option than what is available at the moment although there launch has been a bit of a PR disaster .

The more that show interest in this , the quicker it comes to the area !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Is it just me or do they give ya like no information on there website i had a good look around and there is no info on actual pricing or speeds or benefits. It just seems to be a bit of a farce around buzz words like 'superfast' and 'half the price'.

Irish broadband ftw :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

They have not put up there pricing yet , and the launch has been a farce but I use there Breeze service and I am on the 4meg Down 4 meg upload for €55 a month uncapped , I work with visual graphics and would love something a little faster to get files a lot quicker

I usually get 3.8 down and 2.0 up and pings from 70-100ms(Playing FIFA10 online is perfect) which is not to bad and a hell of a lot better than what I was getting with BT , I have been tracking WiMax for a year or more and it looks a super product and I for one would be all over it if we were able to get it in the area (Fixed wireless WiMax , Not mobile Wimax)

Sure the more options and competition the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

protog09 on fifa :)

Advertisement