Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing glass in fire alarm unit.

Options
  • 02-11-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

Just a question on replacing the glass panel in a fire alarm break glass unit. A guest of ours set a fire alarm off in the apartment complex where we live. I switched off the alarm with a key. The alarm unit is beeping now.

Can I just replace the glass and reset the alarm, or does the alarm system need to be reset by someone?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ferris wrote: »
    Just a question on replacing the glass panel in a fire alarm break glass unit. A guest of ours set a fire alarm off in the apartment complex where we live. I switched off the alarm with a key. The alarm unit is beeping now.

Can I just replace the glass and reset the alarm, or does the alarm system need to be reset by someone?

Cheers for any help.

It is always best to get the fire alarm checked by a qualified eng so i would ring the landlord and get him to get it checked and fixed.. It is there for everyone in the apartments safety.. There are a plastic type of break glass unit that can be used that reset with the key without have to replace the glass when they are broken..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Apologies for digging up an old thread.....

Was this a Grey break glass unit with a red button in the centre?

Was this a Grey break glass unit with a red button in the centre?

Most of them have a red button in the center..

indeed.
    but a grey bgu connected to a fire alarm would be very unusual......

indeed.
    but a grey bgu connected to a fire alarm would be very unusual......

Why do you ask if it is grey then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because not all bgu's are fire alarm bgu's but is possible for a non fire alarm bgu to set of the fire alarm.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be have an indept discuss about bgu's. Ain't the internet great :).

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be have an indept discuss about bgu's. Ain't the internet great :).

HAHA :D

Advertisement