Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ideal homes show limerick

• 02-11-2009 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

i have checked the web but i can not seem to find a website for this show at the weekend in south court hotel. can someone help me get comp tickets to the show.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

There is a voucher in The Limerick Post - 2 for the price of 1

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uxak

got the paper.. thanks,..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Lads where and when is this show on????

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

srdb20 wrote: »
    Lads where and when is this show on????

Cheers

Running across this weekend The Limerick Ideal homes Exhibition is on at the South Court Hotel and will feature Exhibitors with stands relating to
    Self Build & DIY – Extending – Improving – Renovating
    And Cost saving Green Energy.
    It will be your one stop shop for information and resources for anyone planning to build a home or thinking or improving their home
    All under one Roof.
    Family day is Today (Sat) with Barney, Bob the Builder and friends.
    Exhibitors Include.
    Munster Security – Absolute House Plans
    Mango Craft – Luminaire Lighting
    Coach House Kitchens – Canadian Spas
    Fineline Furniture.
    Products at the Show will include - Garden Sheds
    Evolve Solar Panels – Insulation
    Stoves – Automatic Gates
    Window and Doors – Log Cabins
    Water Treatment Systems
    Sewerage Treatment Systems
    Fireplaces – Underfloor Heating
    Geothermal Heating
    AutoLawnMow – Automatic Lawn Mower
    And Many More.
    Parking is Free
    Admission – Adults €10 Children Free.
    Exhibition Enquiries – 087 2562788
    I will be going along later today and taking some photos I will let ye know what it's like.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

If it's anything like the one in dublin a few weeks back i'd hang on to my money. Don't really need vegetable slicers at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If it's anything like the one in dublin a few weeks back i'd hang on to my money. Don't really need vegetable slicers at the moment!

Well there was a stand selling garlic grinders but overall it was not bad. Loads of stands and really good face painting for the kids. Barney and Dora wandering round the place also.

As These types of exhibition go it was quite good.

Check our the pics and make up your own mind:cool:

Limerick Ideal Homes Exhibition 2009

most expensive face paint i ever got for my child!!!
    2 kitchen, 4 window and door, 2 insulation 1 stone suppliers..... 3 jewellery, 1 magic pen, 1 clothes, 1 massage, 1 skytv,1 baloon and 1 garlic slicer stand. :)
    was in dublin for self build show in september this was not even the 1 10th of what was there..
    waste of time and money in my opinion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ye, we felt fleeced after it. Although we also got a packet of tuna and some jar of cow and gate baby food. We're going to put them into our kitchen when we get our new ideal home finished. The also had handy shrub pruners, should've bought one. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

The show in Limerick wasn't great but the Self-Build in Millstreet was excellent (We were at both over the last couple of days).

I'd highly recommend the Millstreet show. Its on tomorrow as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 car01

How expensive was face painter UXAK ?

• Advertisement

car01 wrote: »
    How expensive was face painter UXAK ?

i have paid 10 euro to get in and just got a face paint... thats all i got from the whole show..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭A country home

i think somepeople here are confusing a "self build exhibition" with the usual run of the mill, 20 yrs + running "ideal home and garden exhibition" which is for the family. . .

for build shows, google self build . ie and see when the next show is on. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ferocious

Ya I agree with country home.
    I was at the Ideal Homes in the RDS a few weeks. Big show but half of it was cooking demos, pamper zones and useful/less gadgets. Probably a good family day.

As the the name would suggest, the Self Build show in Milstreet last weekend was far more informative for anyone planning or in the middle of thier project. I had a bit of research done and went to actually see windows. There were at least eight decent window suppliers in the one place. Perfect this time of year when your working during the week and a lot of the jobs on the site are left for the Saturday daylight. Most showrooms aren't even open on Saturdays now.

Got good info on waste water treatment, rain water harvesting etc. Its changed a bit because I'd gone to a few of these over the years when they've been on locally. They used to be solar panel after solar panel, a few pellet boilers and insulation here and there. That seems to have phased out a bit and now there's good diversity. I'll go again but might leave the Ideal Homes until I've the kitchen finished and I'm ready to go cooking.

Advertisement