Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-ear Monitors (IEM's) for iPhone.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

never been a fan of bose, mainly for the fact that i cannot find any specs about those ones you linked to on their site.
    bose.com wrote:
    Specifications

Dimensions (H x W x D):

Headphones (one side, medium tip) • 3.3 x 2.59 x 1.5cm

Weight with cables (two sides, medium tips) • 18g
    Earphone

Type: in-ear
    Frequency response: 15 Hz - 15 kHz
    Impedance: 13 ohms at 1kHz
    Sensitivity: 115 dB SPL/mW at 1 kHz
    Speaker type: Single driver, proprietary, balanced, top fire armature
    Weight: 0.48 ounces (13.6 grams)
    Noise isolation: 26 dB
    Microphone

Sensitivity: -40dBV / Pa at 1kHz
    Connection

Cable length: 46 inches (116.8 cm)
    Input connector: 1/8 inch (3.5 mm), gold plated

bose who are supposedly are meant to be a premium brand aren't doing any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Product details BOSE TriPort In-Ear Headphones
    Bose Headphones : 140 g - 20 g - 150 g - Stereo - Ear-bud - Silver - Black
    The BOSE® around-ear headphones answer the call for smooth, high-performance sound in a very lightweight package. Hear a greater range of music whether you're plugged into a computer or on the go with a portable media device. Their ergonomic design keeps them remarkably comfortable and lightweight, even as proprietary the BOSE headphone technology reveals the rich acoustical landscape of your music. With the BOSE technology, you don't have to compromise the quality of your audio just because you're listening through a pair of headphones. Our acoustic equalisation techniques deliver the rich nuances of your music that conventional headphones often lose. You hear the intricate notes of an acoustic guitar, the full range of vocals and even the beat of a drum with greater clarity and impact. The TriPort® acoustic headphone structure faithfully reproduces deep, full low notes without requiring the artificial bass boost function found on many portable players.Advanced ergonomics and lightweight design define the stylish the BOSE around-ear headphones. Soft ear cushions gently fit around your ear for hours of comfortable listening. A thin, adjustable headband has several head size settings and the ear cups swivel for a better fit. An additional benefit of the technology used in the BOSE around-ear headphones is that it helps reduce headphone size without sacrificing performance, resulting in a total weight of only 142 grams .The BOSE around-ear headphones put it all together: high-performance sound, comfortable fit and stylish design for an eye-catching, ear-pleasing audio experience.TriPort® acoustic headphone structure. Enjoy deeper, richer lows from a compact headphone design. The TriPort® acoustic headphones structure features small ports in each ear cup to produce a rich audio performance remarkable for headphones this size. Acoustic equalisation
    General
    Product TypeHeadphones
    Weight18.1 g
    Recommended UsePortable audio system
    Headphones
    Headphones TypeHeadphones - binaural
    Headphones Form FactorEar-bud
    Connectivity TechnologyWired
    Connections
    Connector Type1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
    Miscellaneous
    Cables IncludedHeadphones cable - integrated - 1.24 m
    Included AccessoriesCarrying case, 6 ear tips

the biggest selling point for me was the ability to try before you buy in Bose Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

looking for a pair of IEM's that have a microphone and controls for the iphone.

i have a 3G S so i don't need a skinny jack.

was thinking these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Ears-Super-fi-5vi-compatible/dp/B001L2WOZK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257202241&sr=8-5

or does anyone have any other recommendations?

seriously i've done one 50 minute bus journey with the stock earphones and i was so close to putting them on the ground and stomping on them. they leak sound sooo badly.

8 euro. They are for the 3gs, are in-ear and have inline mic with play/pause button. Sound is excellent.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=151658&cat=14

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jennifer Eccles

New kids on the block.
    Could be worth a try

https://www.facebook.com/LugsCustomIEM/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

New kids on the block.
    Could be worth a try

https://www.facebook.com/LugsCustomIEM/
    im sure at this stage they are long sorted:pac:

but that was only 9 years ago...

Nah, I suppose I just added the comment in the hope that someone else might have some feedback on "Lugs". Seems like I don't have the 'longevity kudos' with Boards yet to start a thread of my own, so I have to piggyback on others subject matter for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

looking for a pair of IEM's that have a microphone and controls for the iphone.

i have a 3G S so i don't need a skinny jack.

was thinking these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Ears-Super-fi-5vi-compatible/dp/B001L2WOZK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257202241&sr=8-5

or does anyone have any other recommendations?

seriously i've done one 50 minute bus journey with the stock earphones and i was so close to putting them on the ground and stomping on them. they leak sound sooo badly.
    Have you ever used Ultimate Ears before? I have a set of Super Fi 5s. And without doubt they were the most uncomfortable ear phones I have ever experienced. I strongly advise checking prior to getting them if you have not. I used mine no more than 10 times... waste of 180 notes.. I know comfort is very subjective but still..

Have you ever used Ultimate Ears before? I have a set of Super Fi 5s. And without doubt they were the most uncomfortable ear phones I have ever experienced. I strongly advise checking prior to getting them if you have not. I used mine no more than 10 times... waste of 180 notes.. I know comfort is very subjective but still..

And all the reviews I've come across on the web give Ultimate Ears, and the whole JHAudio stable, the highest recommendations...... And not cheap.. They'd want to be good. Shame it hasn't worked out for you. I'm gathering that yours were not customised / moulded to your specific ear shape?

They're so intent of good reviews and their reputation, it might be worth your while getting on to them and making the complain - they may have a remedy, or a discount on a customised pair for you ???

I'll probably start a new thread about my journey into the world of IEM's and detail how I get along, as this thread started nearly 10 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

And all the reviews I've come across on the web give Ultimate Ears, and the whole JHAudio stable, the highest recommendations......  And not cheap..  They'd want to be good. Shame it hasn't worked out for you. I'm gathering that yours were not customised / moulded to your specific ear shape?  

They're so intent of good reviews and their reputation, it might be worth your while getting on to them and making the complain - they may have a remedy,  or a discount on a customised pair for you ???

I'll probably start a new thread about my journey into the world of IEM's and detail how I get along, as this thread started nearly 10 years ago!
    I know, I know :) They weren't customised at all, straight out of box I actually found a thread and took some advise from there to try remedy the situation but to be honest I just gave up. At this stage I have moved on to Blutooth cans and they're just wonderful Lesson learned for me and my delicate ears! haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Seems like I don't have the 'longevity kudos' with Boards yet to start a thread of my own, so I have to piggyback on others subject matter for the moment!
    That rule is in place for people like you who want to pimp products in three separate forums.

Thanks Dades, for the gratuitous slap down....you kind soul you...
    Boards.ie is lucky to have invigilators such as you to make sure us n'ere-do-wells don't loose the run of ourselves.

Had you done me the courtesy of asking me, I'd have denied any knowledge or fiduciary arrangement with the promoters of Lugs.
    Meaning, I'm not pimping my or anyone else products.

But you've assumed, accused and got it wrong, notwithstanding your esteemed 5 star merit.....

With such delicate guidance as yours, I'll learn fast....

Advertisement