Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lowepro fastpack 250

• 03-11-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Anyone else using this bag?

Is it me or what? I hate the way the camera compartment in the lower section of the bag is on the outside. If you undo the zip the camera can just fall straight out. Why couldn't they have put the camera compartment on one of the inside slots ?

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to organise the velcro fastened partitions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

It's supposed to be like that for "quick access" from what I can gather (don't have it myself). A lot of sling type bags seem to have the side-on quick access thingy going on.

Here's a video showing how Lowepro want ya to use your bag!

http://vidego.productvideocast.com/player.php?p=6ou180q2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I have one of these but I never use the fast side opening thing... I may give it a go now though. I like the bag overall, laptop pocket is a nice bonus, although it weighs a ton when it's fully loaded...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've the 250 and currently use it for college, love the bag, it has been absolutely ideal for travelling too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have it as well..great bag and the fast access is handy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I'm looking for a backpack for work.

I cycle so it has to have room for a change of clothes, lunch, laptop and a few bits n' bobs - nothing too big. Do you think this would suit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

anyone know where I can pick up this bag cheap. I checked Conns and they are selling it for 110. Surely it can be gotten cheaper online, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Keedowah wrote: »

I cycle so it has to have room for a change of clothes, lunch, laptop and a few bits n' bobs - nothing too big. Do you think this would suit?

the change of clothes would be a squeeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

swingking wrote: »
    anyone know where I can pick up this bag cheap. I checked Conns and they are selling it for 110. Surely it can be gotten cheaper online, no?

Calumet or Ebay, buy from a sterling (UK) company as the exchange rate is very favourable right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I got mine here, after somebody posted a bargain alert in this forum recently.

Very happy with it so far much more comfortable to carry for any lenght of time than the slingshot that it replaced, though not quite as quick to access gear from inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nilhg wrote: »
    I got mine here, after somebody posted a bargain alert in this forum recently.

Very happy with it so far much more comfortable to carry for any lenght of time than the slingshot that it replaced, though not quite as quick to access gear from inside.

I posted that :D and you never even thanked me :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055684921&highlight=lowepro

maybe we can sticky it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

I got this five weeks ago. It did me well for two weeks in Istanbul and Jordan. I survived 9 hour treks through desert and up mountains with my kit safe and sound.

Access to camera via the side access isn't as great as having one of the sling packs of course but i had no worries whatsover about kit falling out as i made sure i zipped it a good bit higher up. And even if you didn't i don't think there was much risk anywaay.

One thing i realised though is that if you're travelling and changing lenses often then probably best to get something like the Fastpack to store your kit in while travelling but get something like this to use while you're out and about. It simply allows for easier and quicker lens changes rather than having to set down the bag, open the zipped compartment get your lens out, change etc. etc.

As for carrying a change of clothes, i doubt it. I managed to cram 4 small bottles of water, 3 pcks of crackers, one of those round cheese wedgy things and a can of sweetcorn into the top compartment.. :D

But i doubt you'd get a pair of trousers and a shirt in there unless you rolled them up!

Perhaps a Fastpack 350 may be in order instead??

I got mine at Gunns, after some searching around, for 75 squid. Which is great considering that i didn't have to wait and probably worked out the same as amazon after factoring in shipping etc.

Besides which... they're great in there and really know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Christ, that Shootsac is expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Keedowah wrote: »

Might be a bit OTT but I like it http://products.lowepro.com/product/Rover-AW-II,2024,14.htm should fit your change of clothes rolled up that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres a bag made by Tamrac that is layed out pretty much identically to that. I think its called the Tamrac 85 or something, I use it myself and it can take my 17ins laptop with all the cables etc, the D80 with battery grip attached and 18-70 lens, 70-300 lens, SB600, Lumix LX-2 compact in its carry case and the chargers and spare battery's no probs, and a tripod slung underneath on the loops if you like. I still haven't actually filled it.

My laptop really adds to the weight, you certainly wont forget your carrying it but I've never felt like it was a burden. its a lot cheaper than the LowePro too, i think i paid 80 quid in Pixels for it so i would imagine its even cheaper than that online. :)

3385-opnCmp-2K_m.jpg

Advertisement