Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaudi, Casa de Battlo c+c

• 03-11-2009 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

4014721575_3166d2f261.jpg

4015482416_0927cd2bba.jpg

4014715213_828869b9e3.jpg

Will post large links if asked...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've been to Barcelona a good few times so I know these buildings. They're very 'postcardy' if you get me. They don't have any context. Maybe if you zoomed out to show the rest of the building.

Hope you had a great time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

trishw78 wrote: »
    I've been to Barcelona a good few times so I know these buildings. They're very 'postcardy' if you get me. They don't have any context. Maybe if you zoomed out to show the rest of the building.

Hope you had a great time there.

I disagree, I think they're nice studies of particular elements of the building. There are probably a million and one identical shots of that house that include the rest of the building.

Those buildings look underfed to me....! ;)

I agree with Trish, I'm left wondering what the rest of the buildings are like, or what the detail on the builing is like..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm still wandering about the underfed Horses. :(

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Very nice images, I really like them and I have been to Barcelona aswell!

I like the fact that the whole story is not told and you are left wondering what the rest of the building looks like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

#1 is a simple but descriptive juxtaposition of different aesthetic and material properties of the building. The others less-so.

I feel they may have benefited from better framing. If I were taking the photos, I may have chosen to go telephoto (if possible) to flatten the perspective to emphasise that elemental juxtaposition.

I think the colours look very naturalistic but, having been to Barcelona and basked in the bright sunshine, I may also have post-processed the exposure, colour-balance and saturation to make those colours pop a but more. The basic exposure is good, though. Hard to photograph in that light without blowing out the highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

potlatch wrote: »
    If I were taking the photos, I may have chosen to go telephoto (if possible) to flatten the perspective to emphasise that elemental juxtaposition. .

Can you explain that in working class English? I am interested in the theory as even for portraits and flower shots I see some people use telephotos or normal and I'm curious on how it works and the differences.
    Hope this is not hijacking the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

Can you explain that in working class English? I am interested in the theory as even for portraits and flower shots I see some people use telephotos or normal and I'm curious on how it works and the differences.
    Hope this is not hijacking the thread.
    I'm not a physicist, but it's something to do with how lenses focus light in relation to distance. You can increase or decrease the distance between objects moving away from the lens by choosing a wider or narrower lens respectively, thereby flattening the image, or not.

Not only can this alter the sense of space in a photo, but also the mood.

This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

Advertisement