Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is accusing another poster of racism an offence?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why didn't you report the post(s) in question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Why didn't you report the post(s) in question?

I did and in fairness thats not what I asked. I don't want
    anyone to be banned; i just want to know for future reference.

The post(s) in question weren't reported. To do so you need to use the report.gif button on the left when you see a questionable post.

As for whats acceptable - it depends on the context in which is was posted. Saying "some people" are casually racist is hardly an issue - it way well be true. It's seperated out from a comment about your username (which is not massively inaccurate, from my reading).

It's you that is transforming the first statement into an attack against you. Neither of you come out covered in glory there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

The post(s) in question weren't reported. To do so you need to use the report.gif button on the left when you see a questionable post.

Cheers!
    As for whats acceptable - it depends on the context in which is was posted. Saying "some people" are casually racist is hardly an issue - it way well be true.
    So it's ok to call a group of posters racists and anti-semites if "it may well be true" without backing up the statement in any form whatsoever?

Nobody said "some people" what was said was "some posters on the CT forum" which is completely different I am sure you would agree.
    It's seperated out from a comment about your username (which is not massively inaccurate, from my reading).

Look Max Schmelling had a Jewish manager, saved two Jewish children and refused to join the Nazi party. He is in NO WAY a symbol of nazism whatsoever, it is a insult to the man to suggest otherwise. I am a fan. Are all Muhammad Ali fans black seperatists? or Evander Holyfield fans Born-Again Christians? Or Tyson fans rapists?
    It's you that is transforming the first statement into an attack against you. Neither of you come out covered in glory there.

Perhaps you could tell me which rules I have broken then?

Nobody said "some people" what was said was "some posters on the CT forum" which is completely different I am sure you would agree.

No, it isn't really. Both are possibilities.
    He is in NO WAY a symbol of nazism whatsoever

He may not have chosen to be, but it didn't stop some people from chosing to see him that way. However that's not relevant to the debate here.

You're choosing to see his comments as being directed at you, you decided to sling some mud back - hence my comment about neither of you being covered in glory. You both dragged the thread off topic.

Anyway, this thread hasn't much more life - in future report objectionable posts, don't take the threads off course, and don't sling mud back at the other party. It helps no one, especially the complainant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement