Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Ke24 wrote: »
    I really dont know what anyone is talking about with Slane 09, it was a complete sucess for me a first time goer... Oasis were amazing! And I would def go again if even just for the atmosphere! :)

I think the main problem people had with Slane (I may be wrong) was the transport issues, the buses where set up really bad,

I bought a bus ticket on the day of the gig, unfortunately as it was never checked or even looked for, waste of mula there but ah well that didn't matter, the gig I thought went well, I didn't particularly like the line up, but Oasis were great, they got a great reaction out of the crowd and played IMO to the best of there abilities these days, The main problem with the set up was after the gig, it was a fair walk to the buses and when we got there the buses were not going anywhere as the road ahead was blocked up with more buses returning, this caused a huge delay, and as far as i know alot of people had alotta trouble finding a free seat on a bus they could get on despite having a bus ticket, I think the long grueling journey back is what dampend peoples spirits and left a bad taste in their mouths for Slane, No doubt tho this year it will run alotta smoother as it will be a big issue for the organizers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XXLilMissXX

does anyone know when der releasing whose doing slane dis year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

How Now Brown Cow are headlining with support from local rap act Dis Dat Des N' Dose. Aw Rapih. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

does anyone know when der releasing whose doing slane dis year

That is the million Euro question!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rumour Guns N Roses will be headling Leeds/Reading on the weekend of 27/28/29 Aug 2010.

Slane 2010 is to be on Saturday 28th Aug. So Maybe Guns N Roses will headline Slane 18 years later again.

How positive are those dates for Slane? Is that weekend set in stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I have heard kings of leona or paul mcartney

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like Muse were possibly set to play Slane this year but Oxegen got them instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

sisco wrote: »
    I have heard kings of leona

Kings of Leona Lewis eh......interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Please God Arcade Fire play a stand-alone gig as well. July 11th is World Cup Final Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Looks like Muse were possibly set to play Slane this year but Oxegen got them instead

Oxegen used to be my festival, when it was a great "rock and roll" weekend. 04,05,sold my 06 ticket to fund a guitar,07 were very good. Didnt like the 3 day idea in 08, didnt go last year as id seen all the big bands at the other oxegens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

To add a little more grist to the mill.... QOTSA have just announced 2 dates in Germany on the 24th and 25th of August. Wishful thinking I know but it'd be great to see both TCV and QOTSA on the same bill:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Guns N' Roses supported by Faith No More, now we just have to wait for the official conformation:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Sleepershark

a real waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Guns N' Roses supported by Faith No More, now we just have to wait for the official conformation:rolleyes:

Is this official?

I guess I'll give Slane a miss this year so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Is this official?

It's official....ly 1992!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is this official?

Can't believe you fell for that one!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ttoppcat wrote: »
    To add a little more grist to the mill.... QOTSA have just announced 2 dates in Germany on the 24th and 25th of August. Wishful thinking I know but it'd be great to see both TCV and QOTSA on the same bill:D

A big bunch of Josh's bands on one day. QotSA, TCV, Kyuss, EoDM, Desert Sessions.

To rid myself of my bad pun for the day, it could be called 'A Homme-age to Josh':o:eek:

Tell me you wouldn't want this at Slane this year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tell me you wouldn't want this at Slane this year

I wouldnt :). Although if it was the original line up then def. But not taking the chance of Axel taking his time to get on stage or even coming on. Although would prefer them then KOL

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

I wouldnt :). Although if it was the original line up then def. But not taking the chance of Axel taking his time to get on stage or even coming on. Although would prefer them then KOL

Listen here, KOL could not sell out 80,000. They just aren't big enough, considering they didn sell out the o2. They're Not near as big as the other acts that played the noughties decade. The only band out there right now that could sell it out is AC/DC

• Advertisement

Listen here, KOL could not sell out 80,000. They just aren't big enough, considering they didn sell out the o2.

???
    They sold out the O2 in 20 mins or so! my brother sold his seated ticket for over 200 euro!

They wouldnt sell out slane though, that would be 7 irish gigs in 3 years

Guns are strongly rumoured to be headlining Reading which would put them in the area to do Slane...

Oh and forget all this Axl might be late whingefest. Guns N Roses were always late ever since they started. It is what they do with rare exception. The exception being Slane '92 where they were on time and Dublin '06.

This is rock and roll not a goddamn trip to the zoo with your granny. I couldn't give a toss if a band is late.

RonMexico wrote: »

This is rock and roll not a goddamn trip to the zoo with your granny. I couldn't give a toss if a band is late.

well seeing as the gig in slane has a curfew, if they are late then the setlist has to be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

never going to slane again after oasis last year

well seeing as the gig in slane has a curfew, if they are late then the setlist has to be cut.

Which is why they were on time in '92 and again at the RDS in '06.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

RonMexico wrote: »
    Oh and forget all this Axl might be late whingefest. Guns N Roses were always late ever since they started. It is what they do with rare exception. The exception being Slane '92 where they were on time and Dublin '06.

Huh?? On time in 92?? I beg to differ dude, they took fricking AGES to come on stage. And there ain't nothing rock and roll about stitting back stage whining to your "guru" that you bring on tour:rolleyes:

Mushy wrote: »
    A big bunch of Josh's bands on one day. QotSA, TCV, Kyuss, EoDM, Desert Sessions.

To rid myself of my bad pun for the day, it could be called 'A Homme-age to Josh':o:eek:

Great pun :D And christ that would be a great day out!!

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Huh?? On time in 92?? I beg to differ dude, they took fricking AGES to come on stage

:rolleyes: Boo hoo the band aren't on time.

Yeah it looks like the middle of the night here alright. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

theres a rumour doing the rounds here in meath that bruce springsteen may play slane, its 25 years since he last played and i know for a fact that every time he plays ireland, he visits slane, so watch this space, and hopefully its true

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

theres a rumour doing the rounds here in meath that bruce springsteen may play slane, its 25 years since he last played and i know for a fact that every time he plays ireland, he visits slane, so watch this space, and hopefully its true

While I would love to see this happen I can't imagine Bruce playing Slane without the E Street band. And I couldn't imagine them playing without Clarence so til he is better..... Maybe Bruce will headline next year :)

• Advertisement

Reading/Leeds are announced on March 29th, once that happens, we could see Guns N Roses at Slane being announced after that....

Advertisement