Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

Would G'n'R sell out Slane though? Did they even sell out when the played the Rds 4 years ago. I had an extra ticket and couldn't get rid of it for love nor money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jvan wrote: »
    Would G'n'R sell out Slane though? Did they even sell out when the played the Rds 4 years ago. I had an extra ticket and couldn't get rid of it for love nor money.

Yea they wouldnt be able to sell out slane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

...but with Faith No More they would. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Yea they wouldnt be able to sell out slane

neither would kol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

musicmania wrote: »
    While I would love to see this happen I can't imagine Bruce playing Slane without the E Street band. And I couldn't imagine them playing without Clarence so til he is better..... Maybe Bruce will headline next year :)

well obviously if he comes here, the e street band will to with clarence, sure he played every show last year and just stood on the spot and played, im not saying they are coming, and they probably wont, but the rumour is pretty strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

well obviously if he comes here, the e street band will to with clarence, sure he played every show last year and just stood on the spot and played, im not saying they are coming, and they probably wont, but the rumour is pretty strong

Clarence is after having a back operation and it is supposed to take a year for recovery so I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

As much as BRUUUCE would be the best headliner on the face of the planet! :)

I doubt he'll do it, I'd say he will take the best part of this year off, I mean come on two world tours and records back to back!!

I'd say/hope the next time we hear from Bruuuce will be late in the year saying he is releasing a new solo record!!! fingers crossed anyway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Sorry to burst the GNR bubble but the fact is that Axl Rose will never be let near slane castle again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

emtroche wrote: »
    Sorry to burst the GNR bubble but the fact is that Axl Rose will never be let near slane castle again!

And on what authority do you hold that piece of rather interesting bull****, excuse me, I mean information?

I fail to see what Axl Rose did in 1992 that would result in a lifetime banning from Slane Castle? As I remember it he was a little late coming out onstage, but the organisers even held Slane in May to accommodate the bands touring schedule, so they must have wanted them to play - I can only assume no other venue in Ireland at that time held the capacity for the band's performance

Oh yeah, and everyone there seemed to be really bothered, I mean it show's doesn't it.....:rolleyes:

And on what authority do you hold that piece of rather interesting bull****, excuse me, I mean information?

I fail to see what Axl Rose did in 1992 that would result in a lifetime banning from Slane Castle? As I remember it he was a little late coming out onstage, but the organisers even held Slane in May to accommodate the bands touring schedule, so they must have wanted them to play - I can only assume no other venue in Ireland at that time held the capacity for the band's performance

Oh yeah, and everyone there seemed to be really bothered, I mean it show's doesn't it.....:rolleyes:

Okay, GnR are not big enough to headline to slane for 2010 at all. Without the original members they are nothing. They wouldn't sell out slane. The only band big enough to do it is AC/DC, why won't people actually realise that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

Okay, GnR are not big enough to headline to slane for 2010 at all. Without the original members they are nothing. They wouldn't sell out slane. The only band big enough to do it is AC/DC, why won't people actually realise that?

with ya all the way. ACDC for slane!

What is the ticket allocation this year? Aren't they cutting down on the capacity in order to make it less chaotic?

Guns might not sell out on their own but with a decent support act they could do it.

Guns and Faith No More (a repeat of '92) would be fantastic.

GNR are currently doing a world tour. Last week they played to 60,000 in South America.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Chill the beans there horse!

It came from the mouth of Mounty. He said theres 2 people that'll never be let near slane again, Axl Rose and eminem. I think it's a personal thing!

It came from the mouth of Mounty. He said theres 2 people that'll never be let near slane again, Axl Rose and eminem. I think it's a personal thing!

It has just been announced on the radio, It's officially AC/DC!!!! and thin lizzy are one of the supporting acts too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It has just been announced on the radio, It's officially AC/DC!!!! and thin lizzy are one of the supporting acts too!

source???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Seriously man. Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

I'd love to believe you, But don't :(

In a recent interview he said there was only one person not welcome at Slane and that was Eminem.

This is what he had to say in another interview about Axl.

Henry: "Guns 'n' Roses, which was a fantastic gig, is pretty widely recognised as being one of the classic Slane shows. But getting Axl Rose on stage was a big problem. I can remember Alex and I going over to Slash, because what no one knew, and what we were trying to keep quiet, was that he [Axl] wasn't even on site. We were talking to his advisers in his hotel suite in Dublin. Meanwhile, the manager was fishing in the river."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

There is no Thin Lizzy since Sykes jumped ship.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the manager was fishing in the river."

HAHA I remember reading about this a few years ago in an issue of Kerrang, I couldn't believe that he'd gone fishing, but then he was prob used to Axl and knew that Axl wouldn't come on site until he was damn well ready!

There's nothing in the news about AC/DC doing Slane so I think that was a red herring

I'm still betting that March 29th will see Guns N Roses announced as head liners at Leeds/Reading and this will result in them playing some part at Slane. I think a repeat of 1992 could be the best thing all round....since Faith No More themselves are riding this reunion wave at the moment and people are screaming for more dates...

Perhaps Rose will play support if someone the likes of Metallica announces a headline

Could you imagine, Metallica/Guns N Roses/Faith No More/Sebastian Bach....if that was the lineup for Slane I'd be extremely happy:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fr_larry_duff

Guns/FNM would be epic and would definitely sellout. Doubt GNR could fill Slane by themselves though. Guns are definitely touring Europe in the Autumn so here's hopin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Guns/FNM would be epic and would definitely sellout. Doubt GNR could fill Slane by themselves though. Guns are definitely touring Europe in the Autumn so here's hopin.

I'd say GnR would play the RDS again if they came back?? There or the 02.

The same guy to predict the head-liners of Leeds/Reading for the last couple of years, who has predicted them all with 100% accuracy, has said that this Monday's announcement will be Blink 182, Arcade Fire and Guns N Roses as head-liners for the festival in August.

If that's true it could mean the very SLIGHT possibility of Guns N' Roses and Blink 182 perhaps sharing some stage time at Slane - I'm thinking they wouldn't have a problem selling it out together?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

RonMexico wrote: »
    Henry: "Guns 'n' Roses, which was a fantastic gig, is pretty widely recognised as being one of the classic Slane shows. But getting Axl Rose on stage was a big problem. I can remember Alex and I going over to Slash, because what no one knew, and what we were trying to keep quiet, was that he [Axl] wasn't even on site. We were talking to his advisers in his hotel suite in Dublin. Meanwhile, the manager was fishing in the river."

Ha ha .... I remember that day , not because I was actually at Slane but because myself and a few mates (we were metalheads) were walking back from Herbert Park, down Shelbourne Road - it was about lunchtime. At the crossroads were you can turn for the Berkeley Court Hotel a big limo pulled up at the lights , right were we standing to cross the road. We looked in the back and low and behold , there's Duff McKagan , sprawled across the back seat , in a heap , conked out with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels on the floor ... it was the most cliched Rock N Roll sight Ive ever seen. One of my mates start banging on the window shouting out "McKagan ya bollocks" but he didn't budge , then the limo quickly sped off in the direction of the Hotel ... We all thought "man , there's no way he'll be able to play tonight" .... he must've had a lot of help from "Columbian Sources" to get back on his feet for the gig ....

reading2931.jpg

I hope this turns out to be at least semi true!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Every year for nine years ac/dc for slane.

Who the hell starts these rumors!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Is the Slane line up been announced on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

reading2931.jpg

I hope this turns out to be at least semi true!

li-li-li-libertines?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Woah! Readings line up is awful this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

nommm wrote: »
    Woah! Readings line up is awful this year.

NO.

Advertisement