Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

nommm wrote: »
    Woah! Readings line up is awful this year.

Thats not official...yet!
    NO.

Its very safe. Although there was a quote from organiser saying one headliner is 'bigger than Jay-Z', so I imagine Eminem in one spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Mushy wrote: »
    Thats not official...yet!

Its very safe. Although there was a quote from organiser saying one headliner is 'bigger than Jay-Z', so I imagine Eminem in one spot.

i dunno reading is generally a rock(ish) festival, maybe Rage, there are a lot of bands there I want to see, if this is the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

i dunno reading is generally a rock(ish) festival, maybe Rage, there are a lot of bands there I want to see, if this is the line up
    Nah they're playing download

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

The same guy to predict the head-liners of Leeds/Reading for the last couple of years, who has predicted them all with 100% accuracy, has said that this Monday's announcement will be Blink 182, Arcade Fire and Guns N Roses as head-liners for the festival in August.

If that's true it could mean the very SLIGHT possibility of Guns N' Roses and Blink 182 perhaps sharing some stage time at Slane - I'm thinking they wouldn't have a problem selling it out together?:)

Yeah but I could never see that for slane. Can we please leave those conversations for the reading board? and stick to slane here?

We is everyone thinking either KOL or GNR are playing slane?

Nah they're playing download

apologies, excuse my ignorance

• Advertisement

Yeah but I could never see that for slane. Can we please leave those conversations for the reading board? and stick to slane here?

both of them are ****e now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭corm500

It could be Stevie Wonder at Slane this year. He would be big enough to sell it and he is playing Hyde park in June. That would be a cracking gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I did keep it to Slane. I think though that the Leeds/Reading head-liners have a huge impact on Slane in this instance

I'm thinking GNR, I could stand KOL, if they were supporting GNR

And to the person who mentioned Eminem, its unlikely he'll perform in August in the UK given his festival commitments already at T in the Park and Oxegen. They mentioned someone bigger then "Jay Z" (who has sold 40 million albums worldwide)

Guns N Roses - 100 million albums worldwide (46 million in the US alone)
    Blink 182 - est. 25 million albums worldwide
    Arcade Fire - just a few million

Of the rumoured head-liners the frontrunner is GNR...in terms of album sales...and also because the festival website mentions "big names and exclusive performances"

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

That Reading poster is very fake looking. No way is it real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive seen David Bowie, GNR, Neil Young, Madonna and The Rolling Stones at Slane and enjoyed everyone of the shows.
    However, having attended concerts in the UK, Spain and the U.S, Im now aware of how badly Irish fans are treated.
    Im a big fan of AC/DC but that fiasco in Punchestown last year was the final straw.
    If a lesser band than AC/DC had played that day, Im convinced there would have been a riot. The organisation was a disgrace!
    My days of large outdoor gigs are finished, and its not bacause I mind getting my hands dirty, but because Im sick of being ripped off and treated like an animal.
    Its a shame because Irish music fans are fantastic and deserve better.
    We should all be very grateful to Harry Crosbie, because he had the vision to see what was the Point and now the O2. Where would we be without it, the shed that is the RDS Simmonscourt, thats where.
    Hopefully, the Aviva stadium can accomadate some of the big gigs that would otherwise be staged in a field, in the middle of nowhere, accessed by 6ft wide backroads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

corm500 wrote: »
    It could be Stevie Wonder at Slane this year. He would be big enough to sell it and he is playing Hyde park in June. That would be a cracking gig

If this was facebook I'd be 'liking' this comment. If Stevie played ANYWHERE in Ireland I'd be there is a flash!

poundhound wrote: »
    Ive seen David Bowie, GNR, Neil Young, Madonna and The Rolling Stones at Slane and enjoyed everyone of the shows.

You're a lucky man, did you get to see Queen in 86?
    However, having attended concerts in the UK, Spain and the U.S, Im now aware of how badly Irish fans are treated.

I totally agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

nommm wrote: »
    Woah! Readings line up is awful this year.

Don't mean to turn this into a reading fest thread but i gotta say it's nice to see one festival sticking to good old fashion rock n roll!

Would love blink with arcade fire for slane or The Who if they were touring!!

When will this be announced anyway? I mean, it's dragging on now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

No Motley, didnt get to see Queen. Ive been lucky enough to see everyone I wanted and in most cases, on more than 1 occasion. However, the 2 bands I regret not seeing are Queen and Pink Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

IF it goes ahead and can get licensing i'd say mid April is when you'll hear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

I guess with Blink 182 being annouced for the o2 in August that puts them out the running for a support slot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Heard a rumour of Kings of Leon headlining supported by Snow Patrol.

Any1 else hear this? And when is slane gonna be announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Guns N Roses confirmed to be headlining Reading and Leeds. Lookin good for Slane?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If the bring over the same line up as Reading with them then i would be there in a heartbeat. QOTSA,Biffy,Lostprophets,Billy Talent :) oh and if they bring Limp Bizkit as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PJFan

I would love to see a line up like AC/DC with support being pearl jam and soundgarden maybe chuck in local boys the answer since they were supportin 'DC on their world tour last year.Theres no doubt that lineup in itself would sell the place out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im a big fan of AC/DC but that fiasco in Punchestown last year was the final straw.
    If a lesser band than AC/DC had played that day, Im convinced there would have been a riot. The organisation was a disgrace!
    My days of large outdoor gigs are finished, and its not bacause I mind getting my hands dirty, but because Im sick of being ripped off and treated like an animal.
    Its a shame because Irish music fans are fantastic and deserve better.
    We should all be very grateful to Harry Crosbie, because he had the vision to see what was the Point and now the O2. Where would we be without it, the shed that is the RDS Simmonscourt, thats where.
    Hopefully, the Aviva stadium can accomadate some of the big gigs that would otherwise be staged in a field, in the middle of nowhere, accessed by 6ft wide backroads.

+1 ... agree 100% with this post .. especially the comparison on how badly treated we were compared to audiences in other countrys, for example , when I went to Rush's R30 Tour in the NEC Birmingham 2004 I couldn't believe I could buy a 4 pack of Carlsberg Pint Bottles, unopened (they were pull-off tops) to take back to my seat in a nice carrier bag for £10 - hang on , you mean Im trusted as an adult to behave responsibly and just enjoy a drink during the show ?? :eek:
    Compare that to the old Point where you were forced to queue for ages , to be served a pint in a plastic cup , for €5 , that you had to quickly force down your throat before the show started as you weren't allowed bring it into the main "arena" - if anything this encouraged drunkeness ! Absolute backward thinking in this Country for decades.

As poundhound says , thankfully the new O2 had gone someway to addressing this problem.

P.S. the only Slane gig I was ever at was Queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ilovethearsenal

no they are not

Kings of leon,rubbish? Now you need to get your head checked.. while i agree with the other stuff you wrote to say kol are rubbish is beyond laughable..

Kings of leon,rubbish? Now you need to get your head checked.. while i agree with the other stuff you wrote to say kol are rubbish is beyond laughable..

Kings of Leon were a fantastic breath of fresh air when they emerged but over the years they have turned into a formulaic and derivative band whose music is mass produced radio friendly toss aimed at 12 year old girls.

Kings of Leon were a fantastic breath of fresh air when they emerged but over the years they have turned into a formulaic and derivative band whose music is mass produced radio friendly toss aimed at 12 year old girls.

The likes of be somebody, notion,revelry, crawl..absoloutely amazing songs along with sex on fire.. thats only from only by the night.. i hear what your saying about mainstream music and the fact ITS CRAP!!! I just do not think kings of leon could be branded main stream, anyway in my opinion kings of leon would make on of slanes greatest 'signings'

The likes of be somebody, notion,revelry, crawl..absoloutely amazing songs along with sex on fire.. thats only from only by the night.. i hear what your saying about mainstream music and the fact ITS CRAP!!! I just do not think kings of leon could be branded main stream, anyway in my opinion kings of leon would make on of slanes greatest 'signings'

Sex on Fire has to be the most overplayed song of the decade. Every pub, club, etc plays it every night and the mere opening of it is enough to make me want to leave any place where its played. Thy were a great band but at the end of the day they are far to overexposed for their own good and I really don't see them selling out Slane.

Sex on Fire has to be the most overplayed song of the decade. Every pub, club, etc plays it every night and the mere opening of it is enough to make me want to leave any place where its played. Thy were a great band but at the end of the day they are far to overexposed for their own good and I really don't see them selling out Slane.

Your right,it was overplayed but there is still no denying its a very good song.. Hyde Park in london sold out in 2 hours and I know thats very different to here but alot of Uk fans will come over but it would easily sell out anyway... Well my opinion differs to yours, they are probably my favourite band and I like almost every song.. Would you go if they played.. I would think that all the larger louts that sing there music in bars?kareoke whatever would not go so it would be a great concert.. You know you'll go;) Apart from use somebody and sex on fire i cannot agree with you on their music being radio friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just my 2c on Kings Of Leon ... I have never seen a band go from "raw, scruffy, rock n roll" to "airbrushed, styled, over produced, chart orientated rubbish" so quickly .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

KOL are very hit and miss live saw them at oxegen last year and they were rubbish i dont think slanes organisers would want an inconsistent band and a band that has played so many gigs in Ireland in the last few years to headline slane

Advertisement