Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see Robbie re joining just to get back in the spotlight and release more solo work and try re launch his career

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

musicmania wrote: »
    Don't get your hopes up as U2 are having the postphoned US/Canada gigs next summer so logistics mightn't allow for them to perform in Slane.

Before those rescheduled gigs I thought U2 were planning on taking a break next Summer so doubt you'll see them at all. Because when they pulled out of Glastonbury, the organisers, when asked would they get them back in the future, said they (U2) would be taking a break next year (2011) and then Glastonbury isn't on in 2012 so they were hoping for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I can't see Take That going for Slane

I also think Robbie going back with them is a mistake, he was so much better on his own, and stole the show at Live 8....only possibly Pink Floyd did a better job on the night

And I do think, however, that TT's material has at least gotten better since their relaunch...they are at least putting some forethought into their songs...having said that, they're still not my taste and I just cannot stand nostalgia pop crap from the 90's

Speaking of which, what's going to happen when all the people who packed Croke Park for Robbie Williams go and see Take That...he's not gonna do any of his solo material so....what's the point?

Yeah I have to agree with regard to Live 8 - in terms of getting the crowd going wild (I seem to remember Mariah Carey being on before and putting everyone to sleep) his performance was to Live 8 what Queen's was to Live Aid, although on a lesser scale obviously. I've read in the paper the other day that the first half of the reunion concerts will consist of Robbie singing solo material so I suppose that is to attract his own fans as well - although having said that didnt he promise a free concert in Croker Park many years ago? How is he going to get away with playing there and charging.;)
    I could see Robbie re joining just to get back in the spotlight and release more solo work and try re launch his career

Didnt he re launch his career last year though? I just checked and his last album sold a million in the UK. If he wanted more money then he shouldve done his own tour instead of getting back with a boyband he slagged off for so many years. Afterall I have little doubt he would struggle to sell out Croker even if his newer records don't sell quite as much as years ago. He'll prob be an Elton John/Rod Stewart type of an act who will sell on the back cataloge.
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Before those rescheduled gigs I thought U2 were planning on taking a break next Summer so doubt you'll see them at all. Because when they pulled out of Glastonbury, the organisers, when asked would they get them back in the future, said they (U2) would be taking a break next year (2011) and then Glastonbury isn't on in 2012 so they were hoping for 2013.

Well I am hoping they do it next year. Afterall their rescheduled dates are virtually the same as this summer was meant to be so there is no reason why they can't do it. It's actually easier next year as they don't have to fly back over to North America after Glasto like they wouldve had to do to continue the tour straight away. I doubt they will want to wait to 2013 -they had said they even wrote a song for Glasto especially so I can definatly see them doing it next year and possible Slane the following weekend. If U2 do play there will be huge demand for a second date just like last time when Bertie had to get involved. A great support would be good to have as well - it amazing really that the last time they played they had both Coldplay and Red Hot Chilli Peppers supporting.:)

Advertisement