Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

You are actually a ****in pussy! "wouldn go to slane" My god you are a little sap.

so how long are you working for MCD? Is this a clever new marketing tactic?

I've been to slane 3 times already and every time it's been a pain in the arse everytime. so when I say it's a nightmarish hellhole, I know what I'm talking about. I've sworn off going to outdoor events in ireland because I'm sick of promoters treatin me like crap and chargin me big bucks for it.

It's not me being a pussy, it's you being a brainwashed idiot being told what to enjoy and not questioning it no matter how badly you're treated. Chances are you'll be one of those idiots that pays a tout 4 times face value for a ticket to stand in a big p**** rainy field that'll take 4 hours each way to get to and from, queue up 4 hours to get in, another 2 hours for a watered down 8 euro pint, before trying to watch the show half a mile from the stage but it doesn't matter because all you can hear are the shower of muck savages chanting "olé olé olé" the whole fecking way through it and you'll tell everyone you had the best day of your life

Yeah, dude, you win at life!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

whiterob81 wrote: »
    so how long are you working for MCD? Is this a clever new marketing tactic?

I've been to slane 3 times already and every time it's been a pain in the arse everytime. so when I say it's a nightmarish hellhole, I know what I'm talking about. I've sworn off going to outdoor events in ireland because I'm sick of promoters treatin me like crap and chargin me big bucks for it.

It's not me being a pussy, it's you being a brainwashed idiot being told what to enjoy and not questioning it no matter how badly you're treated. Chances are you'll be one of those idiots that pays a tout 4 times face value for a ticket to stand in a big p**** rainy field that'll take 4 hours each way to get to and from, queue up 4 hours to get in, another 2 hours for a watered down 8 euro pint, before trying to watch the show half a mile from the stage but it doesn't matter because all you can hear are the shower of muck savages chanting "olé olé olé" the whole fecking way through it and you'll tell everyone you had the best day of your life

Yeah, dude, you win at life!
    You're wrong there mate, because I live in slane, and I've been to every concert there since I was 5. Its the exact same every other year and its always retarded people a the joe duffy complainin about it. As for the quein to get in and pints and the journey up and down, its like that for every concert. You dont actually buy the pints in there, be recession wise and have your booze on before you go in at a bloody ditch!

You're wrong there mate, because I live in slane, and I've been to every concert there since I was 5. Its the exact same every other year and its always retarded people a the joe duffy complainin about it. As for the quein to get in and pints and the journey up and down, its like that for every concert. You dont actually buy the pints in there, be recession wise and have your booze on before you go in at a bloody ditch!

feck sake, if I'm paying 100 euro between a concert ticket and a bus ticket, I'm hardly gonna sit in a ditch drinking all day. Sure, I can do that at home for free.

And do regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

rossie1977 wrote: »
    PJ who i love wouldn't sell out slane, maybe in 1995 no chance these days, metallica have played here every year for the last 6, maybe pearl jam and metallica together :)

Exactly what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

mspacman wrote: »
    Is this some kind of sick joke???????? I feel sick. I think I might puke. This is almost as bad as getting Madonna and Eminem in at Slane. Green Day?! Seriously. They are absolute tripe!

Pass the bucket.

If Lord Henry Mountcharles is trying to recreate the magic of last year, he's gone the totally opposite direction. How can we go from having the sublime lineup of Oasis, Kasabian, The Prodigy etc...to..(puke)...Green Day?!

Hmmm I feel very strongly on this topic.

Why not add to the rubbishness of it all and bring Kings of Leon on board.

You obviously hav'nt seen Green Day Live. This will be a fantastic show - Just look at the bullet in a bible tour. Green day are'nt the same band they were ten years ago. I cant wait for this and I think all you nay sayers should do a little research on recent green day shows. Obviously they wont suit everyone but they will suprise alot of people who would not regularly listen to green day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So you live in Slane, maybe that's why you didn't have to go through all the bollox of getting to and from Dublin then, well done, you have succeeded in life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Any chance this thread could get somewhat back to a relevant topic? So far it's just been bitching sessions about previous years at Slane, it's called Slane 2010 for a reason!

Personally, I've been dying for an act to come to Slane that held some appeal to me. I missed out on tickets for Green Day this year and have been dying to see them live having seen them once before so coupling this with the fact that my only trip to Slane still ranks as one of my favourite gigs I'll definitely be looking for tickets to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sissorhands has beend banned for hours, stop reporting the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ardinn wrote: »
    You obviously hav'nt seen Green Day Live. This will be a fantastic show - Just look at the bullet in a bible tour. Green day are'nt the same band they were ten years ago. I cant wait for this and I think all you nay sayers should do a little research on recent green day shows. Obviously they wont suit everyone but they will suprise alot of people who would not regularly listen to green day!!

Yes its a good show, they do it well live, but its been the same rigmarole for years now. I know I was only at them in 05, but know others who were there before that tour, that year, and this year.....same thing, over and over. Wheres the fun in that? Think that could be main gripe for many people. Still think some decent support will be needed to sell it out though.

Thats something I thought when I re-looked at the link. So its back to 'wouldn't surprise me, but not definite yet'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

At every concert since you were 5? Sure you were...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mushy wrote: »
    Yes its a good show, they do it well live, but its been the same rigmarole for years now. I know I was only at them in 05, but know others who were there before that tour, that year, and this year.....same thing, over and over. Wheres the fun in that?

kind of confused, what do you except to see when you watch green day but green day stuff :p

rossie1977 wrote: »
    kind of confused, what do you except to see when you watch green day but green day stuff :p

Ìts the crowd interaction stuff. No uniqueness about it, even if its the bullcrap of 'X rules'. Just don;t have it scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i actually cant believe the one or two people that have said slane this year wasnt as bad as it was made out to be.it was worse! you know something went very wrong when MCD offered us free tickets to marlay park as an apology.MCD dont do anything for free!

i swore ill never set foot near slane again after last year.if its green day couldnt give two ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Mushy wrote: »
    Ìts the crowd interaction stuff. No uniqueness about it, even if its the bullcrap of 'X rules'. Just don;t have it scripted.

It's nothing like it was on the American Idiot tour. Granted, that was pretty much word for word.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

df1985 wrote: »
    i actually cant believe the one or two people that have said slane this year wasnt as bad as it was made out to be.it was worse! you know something went very wrong when MCD offered us free tickets to marlay park as an apology.MCD dont do anything for free!

i swore ill never set foot near slane again after last year.if its green day couldnt give two ****s.

Or the fact that Fat Boy Slim wasnt selling well at all or it was probably both

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mspacman

I could see the line up being something like
    Green Day
    Blink 182
    Fall Out Boy or Paramore or both

Good God please noooo!!! Have the teenage "emo's" flooding in their thousands to Slane!

I was there and it really was that bad,a great band but a shambles of an "Organised Event".I like Green day but doubt il chance it next year

I don't want to start up this whole debate again, but we can in through the Dublin entrance at about 5 o clock and seriously the walkway into the arena was quite crowded, but there was no pushing/shoving or anything of the sort. People just kept moving. The only problem I saw on the day was the bar up beside the Dublin entrance. It was majorly overcrowded and there was a bit of a stampede starting up there, but nothing out of control. Sercurity were on it!

I would estimate the crowd was definitely WELL over 80,000!! Compared to the last time I was at Slane 4 years previous or something, it was a much bigger crowd!

I totally agree with you mate!! It's the Joe Duffy moan groan people who were moaning about Slane. They just love an excuse to moan!!! Like anyone going to Slane knows (or should friggin know!!!) that you have to be prepared to walk a couple miles to get into the arena.

There's heavy traffic at EVERY concert!!!! Not just Slane. The traffic wasn't particularly bad - it would be the same at any gig!

As for the people moaning about the queues for the bars, what the hell do they expect?! You can just expect there to be no queues!!!!

You know, the whole Slane debate from the year reminded me of the Barbara Streisand event there 2/3 years ago, or whenever it was. Poshies moaning cos they had to walk from Hewlett Packard to Castletown House. It's a small walk in comparison to what you'd walk for most events! If you don't want to walk, hire a helicopter for Slane 2010! I'm sure Lord Mount Charles would allow you land to save your precious feet.

And another matter. What about the O2??! You pretty much have to walk from O Connell's street down to go to the O2, even though there's buses, it's faster to walk with traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Slanes not a suitable venue for a gig, its brutal, ive been to the last two and never again.

Mspacman i assure you slane wasnt full of 'poshies', and the walk is a lot longer than to the o2. Queuing for over an hour to get a pint isnt normal at any gigs, Im sorry.
    I'm trying hard not to insult you for the ridiculasness of both statements but I dont want to get banned, so lets just say youre wrong, and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

most of the posts i read here last year regarding slane concerned the thousands who got in without tickets as ticket scanning was suspended (obviously because numerous copies of the e-tickets were created), for example

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60860158&postcount=1274

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

If they fill the bill with quality support acts it could make up. For instance the year with Queens, Foos and Chilis was one of the best I was ever at.

Is this some kind of sick joke???????? I feel sick. I think I might puke. This is almost as bad as getting Madonna and Eminem in at Slane. Green Day?! Seriously. They are absolute tripe!

Pass the bucket.

If Lord Henry Mountcharles is trying to recreate the magic of last year, he's gone the totally opposite direction. How can we go from having the sublime lineup of Oasis, Kasabian, The Prodigy etc...to..(puke)...Green Day?!

Hmmm I feel very strongly on this topic.

Why not add to the rubbishness of it all and bring Kings of Leon on board.

N68~Drama-Queen-Posters.jpg

Look up a video of Green Day live. I was at their show a few weeks back and went with no expectation at all, simply went as I had the tickts, and do ya know what? They blew the roof off the place. Brilliant live show and very interactive with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Ah jesus.

Won't be going!

/Thread

If they fill the bill with quality support acts it could make up. For instance the year with Queens, Foos and Chilis was one of the best I was ever at.

I was dying to go that year but was to young according to my parents :( . Were'nt feeder playing aswell or was that a different year. Im not trying to back on the "Oasis Slane ting" but i read somewhere that there was another entrance to Slane but nobody used , also at ACDC we were talking to a stewardess and said she was working there and said there was close to nearly €10,000 people who got in for free due to the fact that loads of peoples tickets were not checked. And when it came to Dublin Bus apparently the buses were destroyed on the way down so they decided to canceled nearly all the buses on the return journey .

Anywho back on topic i would hope there is a few good bands announced hopefully this will be my first Slane :)

I totally agree with you mate!! It's the Joe Duffy moan groan people who were moaning about Slane. They just love an excuse to moan!!! Like anyone going to Slane knows (or should friggin know!!!) that you have to be prepared to walk a couple miles to get into the arena.

There's heavy traffic at EVERY concert!!!! Not just Slane. The traffic wasn't particularly bad - it would be the same at any gig!

As for the people moaning about the queues for the bars, what the hell do they expect?! You can just expect there to be no queues!!!!

You know, the whole Slane debate from the year reminded me of the Barbara Streisand event there 2/3 years ago, or whenever it was. Poshies moaning cos they had to walk from Hewlett Packard to Castletown House. It's a small walk in comparison to what you'd walk for most events! If you don't want to walk, hire a helicopter for Slane 2010! I'm sure Lord Mount Charles would allow you land to save your precious feet.

And another matter. What about the O2??! You pretty much have to walk from O Connell's street down to go to the O2, even though there's buses, it's faster to walk with traffic!

If you pay 800 euro for a ticket you don't expect oxegen like conditions. that's a simple fact. If I pay 800 quid for a ticket I'd expect to get driven to the door and have the driver fellate me. It was obvious that the promoters are used to dealing with a less discerning crowd who will put up with any sort of crap and not complain and didn't realise that when people pay a large amount of amount of money over for an event that they'd expect to be treated with a certain amount of dignity. Imagine!

Slane has always been pretty bad but I think one of the main reasons people are complaining more is because the audience for these events is getting older. Back years ago, people generally stopped going to these events when they got into their 20s. Maybe I'm generalising but when you're a teenager who lives at home and doesn't have any real money concerns, going to a shoddily run event isn't such a big deal but when you're actually working and you become aware of the value of money, and how long it takes you to earn the money for a day out in slane, and free time at the weekend that's when stuff like that really starts to get you angry

The one good thing I can say about most outdoor events i've been to in ireland is that bar service is normally fairly quick. 10 minutes wait at most gigs. Even at other Slanes that I've been at. There's no way anyone should have to queue up an hour or more for a pint. That's absolutely disgraceful and indefensible. Obviously, the promoters were cutting corners and possibly trying to recoup the losses from some of their other underselling concerts over the summer but why they'd scrimp on this is beyond me

the walk from o'connell street to the o2 is nothing like to walk you face from your bus to the venue at slane. it's about 20 mins of a walk. it's at least a good hour of a walk to the venue in slane. also, it is possible to get a taxi up to the o2 from o'connell street and make it in about 10 mins if you take some of the back roads. I've done it many times in the past when I've been feeling particularly lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I could see the line up being something like
    Green Day
    Blink 182
    Fall Out Boy or Paramore or both

1 in a million chance of that happening at slane. That line up would not sell out 80,000 tickets! They are all American bands with their main audience between 13-19. They might sell 40,000 tickets, 50 max. Also Heineken owns all the bars there, they will not pay the massive fee to be there if the most of the crowd are underage. Blink would not support green day either, blink 182 would sell out the O2 as they have a massive following here and havnt played here in 5 years.

If Green Day do headline, It the support would be like this

Green Day
    *Pretty big British Band*
    *British band on their second album*
    *British band on their first album* 1/2 hour set
    The Blizzards :rolleyes: 1/2 hour set

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

BLINK-182 WILL NOT SUPPORT GREEN DAY AND THATS A FACT BLINK COULD SELL OUT TWO NIGHTS AT THE 02 A HEEP LOAD OF PEOPLE LOVE BLINK 182 IN IRELAND AND AS SED ABOVE THEY PLAYED HERE 5 YEARS AGO SO PEOPLE WILL WANT TO SEE THEM EVEN MORE BLINK WERE SUPPOSE TO PLAY BACK IN 2001 OR 2002 BUT THEY CANCELLED AND MARK HOPPUS HAS CONFIRMED THAT THE ARE PLANNING A EUROPEAN TOUR BUT ONLY A FEW BECAUSE TRAVIS BARKER WILL NOT FLY BLINK WONT PLAY SLANE OR SUPPORT GREEN DAY AT SLANE THEYLL DO THERE OWN GIG LET JUS GET THAT CLEAR I FOLLOW BLINK EVERYDAY AND I AM ON MODLIFE AND THERE HAS NO FESTIVAL CONFIRMATION OR ANYTING LIKE THAT

I SAY IT COULD BE FOO FIGHTERS MAYBE EVEN PEARL JAM MAYBE TAKE THAT HAHAH STUPID JOKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Look at the line ups for shows like 2005 when Green Day played those big shows in Milton Keynes. Support was from bands like Jimmy Eat World and New Found Glory. Think that's what you can expect.

• Advertisement

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Look at the line ups for shows like 2005 when Green Day played those big shows in Milton Keynes. Support was from bands like Jimmy Eat World and New Found Glory. Think that's what you can expect.

I would be happy with that support :) especially Jimmy .Bring over Weezer and the Offspring aswell. Dont want to Foo's because i would rather see them at their own gig and imo are way better then GD :) but i still like GD

Advertisement