Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

heard from a reliable source its the kings of leon

That would be disappopinting imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

kensutz wrote: »
    Can't tell. ;) 02 in London will be my 42nd
    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Will it be indoor or outdoor?
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    That would be disappopinting imo.

Agreed but it would sell a lot of tickets and make MCD a lot of money. But im not sure if KOL would be able to sell 80,000 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

KOL are great live but they have kinda saturated Ireland lately so I really doubt it will be them

KOL are great live but they have kinda saturated Ireland lately so I really doubt it will be them

Ive seen KOL 3 times all at Oxegen , but this year they were crap didnt care about the crowd and looked bored out of their tree. But agree with you that they are playing Ireland way to much

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica??? I know, i know....................wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

rossie1977 wrote: »
    and what are green day?? country?? robbie f*cking williams had headlined slane and you have a problem with greenday :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, but robbie williams was a lot more popular and bigger back then. That concert was brilliant. I wouldn't see him now, but the was Robbies hay day

I live in slane, I know what can bring a crowd in. All that stuff on the joe shoe about slane and punchestown, was a load of crap. Both concerts were fine. Sure it took a good while to get out of the fields, but in fairness, we all had a laugh doing it. These were the best concerts in ireland of the year. The real rockers are the ones who were enjoying themselves too much to care about the so called horror stories. To be perfectly honest, there was none, it was just a load of old people on the joe show complaining, and it esculated from there

I recall someone saying why oasis? Oasis have a huge amount of fans, they are/were massive!

No bands like blink, green day, paramore, kings of leon, could take on 80,000 people. Slane has to have a sell out band, or there is no show. It happened twice this decade.

Daft Punk would be class to see, but they would probably only handle marley park.
    In reality, the only candidate that would be suitable for slane would be AC/DC.

The Stereophonics are touring the UK in March and haven't announced any Irish gigs yet. I think it is likely they will appear at Slane or Oxegen this year.

HAHA!! The phonics at slane again, it was only a year ago they were playing in the academy in dublin. They are not near as big as they were!

HAHA!! The phonics at slane again, it was only a year ago they were playing in the academy in dublin. They are not near as big as they were!

Well they only played there because they wanted to have a intimate gig since their greatest hits was released in Ireland that same day. But i will agree they wouldnt be able to sell out Slane anymore which is a pity because there a great live band

Well they only played there because they wanted to have a intimate gig since their greatest hits was released in Ireland that same day. But i will agree they wouldnt be able to sell out Slane anymore which is a pity because there a great live band
    I was there when they played slane, a band people payed to see, and more people were singing along to by the way music video by the chilli peppers than any other song played that day. Now isn't it a coincidence the chillis played the next year? :P
    The phonics were pretty boring

• Advertisement

I was there when they played slane, a band people payed to see, and more people were singing along to by the way music video by the chilli peppers than any other song played that day. Now isn't it a coincidence the chillis played the next year? :P

Well i seen The Chilis at Oxegen 2006 and thought they were quite boring . According to wiki Chilis played 2001 and then 2003 , Phonics played 2002

Well i seen The Chilis at Oxegen 2006 and thought they were quite boring . According to wiki Chilis played 2001 and then 2003 , Phonics played 2002
    Well thats your opinion, but some feel slane castle was their best performance. They only supported u2 in 2001 on the first u2 gig there. Face it, Phonics just arent as good as they were

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Change the tone of your posts. Other people's opinions are as important as yours. Don't dismiss them so lightly. Not only in reference to this post but your last few on this thread.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Change the tone of your posts. Other people's opinions are as important as yours. Don't dismiss them so lightly. Not only in reference to this post but your last few on this thread.
    Yes and I'm just giving out a villangers POV. Whats wrong with saying that greenday or the phonics can't handle 80,000 right now?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I live in slane, I know what can bring a crowd in. All that stuff on the joe shoe about slane and punchestown, was a load of crap. Both concerts were fine. Sure it took a good while to get out of the fields, but in fairness, we all had a laugh doing it. These were the best concerts in ireland of the year. The real rockers are the ones who were enjoying themselves too much to care about the so called horror stories. To be perfectly honest, there was none, it was just a load of old people on the joe show complaining, and it esculated from there

I recall someone saying why oasis? Oasis have a huge amount of fans, they are/were massive!

No bands like blink, green day, paramore, kings of leon, could take on 80,000 people. Slane has to have a sell out band, or there is no show. It happened twice this decade.

Daft Punk would be class to see, but they would probably only handle marley park.
    In reality, the only candidate that would be suitable for slane would be AC/DC.

This is the post i have the most gripe with. You speak opinion like fact. It's not. Keep it balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Oh Thank god.....this means I wont be even slightly tempted to go to that ****efest this year.

Well thats your opinion, but some feel slane castle was their best performance. They only supported u2 in 2001 on the first u2 gig there. Face it, Phonics just arent as good as they were

Fair enough that its your opinion . But i will disagree that the Phonics arent as good as they were , just because the songs never made it into the charts doesnt mean that there not good anymore .

I could see Bon Jovi doing it this year or 2011. They have played Croke Park and Punchestown and there is no other 80,000 venue left for them to play unless they do a residency in the O2

I'm assuming that these are just rumours as relying on Colm and Jimjim for factual information seems a little odd.

While I have no problem with Green Day, hell I went to see them in the O2 a few months back and they were very good, apart from the constnat anti America bashing and their decision to have fans come on stage and sinh many of the songs I wanted to heat the band do. As good as they are, they are not a band I would pick for Slane. I actually thought that AC/DC would be the only choice for this year but given how often they have been passed over in the past nothing surprises me at this stage. Slane is no longer a rock festival but rather a whatevers popular atm fest. You look back 20 years and the caliber of act it attracted puts the last few years to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

I'm assuming that these are just rumours as relying on Colm and Jimjim for factual information seems a little odd.

While I have no problem with Green Day, hell I went to see them in the O2 a few months back and they were very good, apart from the constnat anti America bashing and their decision to have fans come on stage and sinh many of the songs I wanted to heat the band do. As good as they are, they are not a band I would pick for Slane. I actually thought that AC/DC would be the only choice for this year but given how often they have been passed over in the past nothing surprises me at this stage. Slane is no longer a rock festival but rather a whatevers popular atm fest. You look back 20 years and the caliber of act it attracted puts the last few years to shame.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

i disagree.so your saying oasis were not a good headliner.they had no problem selling 80,000 tickets in the middle of a resession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The real rockers are the ones who were enjoying themselves too much to care about the so called horror stories. To be perfectly honest, there was none, it was just a load of old people on the joe show complaining, and it esculated from there[/B]

yeah i just imagined paying €20 and then having to walk 5 miles to punchestown in the rain at 5pm because all the dublin buses were stuck out past kill on the dual carriageway, and then after the concert watching 1 bus drive down the road every 10 minutes and finally making it to the top of the queue only for thousands of drunken fools to storm the barriers and attack the buses and pure mayhem to ensue

What about the Who? they are releasing a new album this year. Or Bruce Springsteen or both ha

I'm sorry oasis were one of the most popular bands of the 90s
    and ehh rolling stones? in 2007? so you are saying they were only popular at that moment?
    chilli peppers were also popular because they are good. man you know nothing

and no greenday aren playing slane either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

What about the Who? they are releasing a new album this year. Or Bruce Springsteen or both ha

the who playing slane.

come on ffs, they couldnt even sell out marley mark when they played.

the who are ****

aflib wrote: »
    i disagree.so your saying oasis were not a good headliner.they had no problem selling 80,000 tickets in the middle of a resession

I think you need to reread my post again as it's obviously gone over your head. Slane is supposed to be a rock festival but in recent years has turned into a festival showcasing whoever is big at the moment. 20 years ago Eminem and the like wouldn't be let within a mile of Slane never mind headlining.
    I'm sorry oasis were one of the most popular bands of the 90s
    and ehh rolling stones? in 2007? so you are saying they were only popular at that moment?
    chilli peppers were also popular because they are good. man you know nothing

and no greenday aren playing slane either!

I think much o fmy above post also applies to you. And yes Oasis were popular but that was a decade ago. I think more people paid to see the Prodigy last year than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Slane has gone seriously downhill in recent years, there was a time when it was a premier rock event in Ireland...and before the festivals arrived there was only really Slane to see some THAT big play in Ireland....I know about profit and loss margins but I think we need to get someone at Slane who rejuvenate the venue and doesn't put people off going

Wonder will there actually be a slane this year. Wasnt Oasis announced good bit before X Mas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

dont think there will be a slane this year to be honest.the marlay park green day gig is on the same weekend this yr that slane was.i think thats its replacement.

Yea unless they leave it till the end of the summer but i doubt it. I could see Bon Jovi doing next year imo since they said they wont be touring europe (apart from the France and O2 residency gigs) until 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

Rick O'shea mentioned on his show yesterday that Lord Mountcharles had said that there would be a Slane gig on this year. No hints as to who would be playing or when though.

Advertisement