Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

jvan wrote: »
    Rick O'shea mentioned on his show yesterday that Lord Mountcharles had said that there would be a Slane gig on this year. No hints as to who would be playing or when though.

call him mountcharles no need for the lord part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭prunudo

I always thought he was one, but tbh I don't know him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

ac/dc for slane would be nice.....

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

furiousox wrote: »
    ac/dc for slane would be nice.....

I think they are the only one's that are in the running atm unless they get RATM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'm hoping for Muse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

NTMK wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Muse

without being disrespectfull to you or muse i dont think they are big enough to headline it.

i think an irish theme would be good like,christy moore,the pouges,the saw doctors.an owl diddle di i fest sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Or you could just call him Mountie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

aflib wrote: »
    without being disrespectfull to you or muse i dont think they are big enough to headline it.

i think an irish theme would be good like,christy moore,the pouges,the saw doctors.an owl diddle di i fest sort of thing

Ah now, surely!
    Mr.S wrote: »
    Slane is what, ~60,000-100,000 depending on production size?

Wembley Stadium is around the same, if not bigger in terms of compacity.

Muse sold out 2 of these dates.

Granted that was 1 or 2 years ago, but they're still big enough to headline Slane.

In fairness that was in a city that's four times the size of our country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

aflib wrote: »

Muse would do better business than Green Day and the diddly di i fest you propose.

They are doing a stadium tour in Europe this summer so I do not see why a venue the size of Slane wouldn't be feasable even for this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Slane is what, ~60,000-100,000 depending on production size?

Wembley Stadium is around the same, if not bigger in terms of compacity.

Muse sold out 2 of these dates.

Granted that was 1 or 2 years ago, but they're still big enough to headline Slane.

As opposed to selling it out AGAIN for two consecutive nights for September?

Still don't think they big enough in Ireland, would require a large travelling contingent from abroad.

• Advertisement

I think Muse could play Slane but i think they would need a decent support or 2 . They would prob sell 60,000 tickets but not a massive pace. I think some people would go to Slane just because its Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I think some people would go to Slane just because its Slane.

I would NOT go to Slane, just because its Slane, no matter whos playing. Disaster zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 grezz

i heard acdc are playing next my cousin is a roadie for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Daragh184

Green Day? why? there crap.

id love to see the chillis make a surprise comeback. their gig in pheonix park a couple of years ago was out of this world!!

:)

grezz wrote: »
    i heard acdc are playing next my cousin is a roadie for them

Wouldnt be surprised if it was them. Id say it will be between them Muse and U2.
    Daragh184 wrote: »
    Green Day? why? there crap.

id love to see the chillis make a surprise comeback. their gig in pheonix park a couple of years ago was out of this world!!

:)

After seeing them at Oxegen 06 im in no rush to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

It won't be AC/DC, their tour schedule is full for June and their tour ends in Berlin on the 22nd of June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Green Day and Blink 182 have been rumoured to headline Leeds/Reading and someone put Green Day's name forward as the headliner for Oxegen as they supposedly did the same thing they did a couple of years ago and "leaked" the tourdates on their site before taking them away mega quick...so I don't think Green Day will play Slane, but then I'd rather it wasn't Muse

greenday-rumour.jpg

If this works you should see the poster I saw

Green Day and Blink 182 have been rumoured to headline Leeds/Reading and someone put Green Day's name forward as the headliner for Oxegen as they supposedly did the same thing they did a couple of years ago and "leaked" the tourdates on their site before taking them away mega quick...so I don't think Green Day will play Slane, but then I'd rather it wasn't Muse

greenday-rumour.jpg

If this works you should see the poster I saw

Saw exact same thing done for Pearl Jam so, eh, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

My best guess is Guns N' Roses

finhex wrote: »
    My best guess is Guns N' Roses

Oh God No. If it was the original line up but the Axel Rose band would not have a hope of selling out Slane.

I think we can take U2 out of the running since i read in the paper this morning they will be playing Lansdowne road and was also on TV3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Stone Roses to play Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Stone Roses to play Slane?

are ya gone mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

Preying for AC/DC .... my favourite band of all time, Seen em both times last year and goin to paris in june, would love to end it with an irish show :D It prob wont happen but Hopefully..

I noticed MCD have the history of Slane up on their site. Could be a hint

I noticed MCD have the history of Slane up on their site. Could be a hint

Been there for a year or two now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I wonder if there even will be a Slane this year, the Oasis gig was announced in November '08.

Mushy wrote: »
    Been there for a year or two now.

I no , but they have re posted it today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I no , but they have re posted it today

Yep that's what I was thinking, no reason for them to repost it on the main page unless they were going to make some sort of announcement - even if it is just to say there won't be an event this year.......

typical MCD though, they have the History Of Slane 1982-2009 and the first gig is August 1981 ;-)
    some nice pics there though......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i think the who for slane would be amazing . watched dem on tv at superbowl they still got it and they have a new greatest hits coming out so it would make sense

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

ricero wrote: »
    i think the who for slane would be amazing . watched dem on tv at superbowl they still got it and they have a new greatest hits coming out so it would make sense

They've still got it?!

I thought the opposite!

Advertisement