Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I honestly don't think The Who could do Slane. I Love them to bits. They're one of my very favourites. I seen them in Marley Park in 07 and it was amazing. I just think Slane wouldn't be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jenizzle wrote: »
    They've still got it?!

I thought the opposite!

yea i think they do . there songs still go down a hit and id much rather them at slane then sum crap america arse holes like kol or greenday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I dont think The Who could sell out Slane , although i seen them in Marley and they were class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭dblennon

KOL

END Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I dont think The Who could sell out Slane , although i seen them in Marley and they were class

They played the Superbowl, i think they'd fill Slane keep in mind they're usually massive support acts to fill the bill.

Verve, Bryan Adams, Stereophonics have sold out gigs there in the past couple of years.

• Advertisement

They played the Superbowl, i think they'd fill Slane keep in mind they're usually massive support acts to fill the bill.

Verve, Bryan Adams, Stereophonics have sold out gigs there in the past couple of years.

Just because they played to Superbowl doesnt mean they can sell out Slane. Fair point , if this helps them to once again become big then they could pull of slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

It's always been my opinion that with the right marketing virtually any semi sized band could fill slane. And u have to bear in mind that there was a lot of spare money floating around for the last 10 or so years. This would lead to people just kinda goin "ah sure we'll go anyway". Didnt really matter who was playing. Times are different now. I mean i 've been to every electric picnic regardless of who was playing. This year is not looking likely. I know a lot of people in the same boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I agree with you, The Who are in their mid 60's, as are many of their fans, and Slane is a young man's game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

dblennon wrote: »
    KOL

boom tish!

the rolling stones sold it out a few years ago arnt they not old lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

with Guns N' Roses announced for Sweden Rock, I wouldn't be surprised to see them with somebody strong announced for Slane.......would have to be a decent bill to pull the crowd though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Do you think there's any chance of the Killers playing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I think that The Killers would sell less than Green Day

i was having a chat with me mate bou dis whos a big metal head he reckons metallica would sell it out there what yas think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

^They barely sold out Marlay, so I'm not sure, they would need a good support, Pearl Jam/Soundgarden maybe?
    Would definatly go if they played, Marlay was awesome :D

Metallica could have done it if they hadnt have played in Marley the last 2 years. What about Mc Carthney?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

Well its defo on this year in august read in the paper with an interview with the lord henry fella. He said he is keeping the international act secret until its 100% so far its 95%

joekeville wrote: »
    Well its defo on this year in august read in the paper with an interview with the lord henry fella. He said he is keeping the international act secret until its 100% so far its 95%

Could it be Eminem???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Could it be Eminem???

Eminem would be a great headliner. It would make up for when he cancelled a few years back. I wouldn't like to see the likes of 50 Cent & G-Unit supporting him though!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

^^ No Chance ..Remember Henry MountCharles on the Radio couple days after Eminem pulled Out of Slane saying he would NEVER be invited to play there Again..He was WELL P~ssed Off:p
    http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/08/18/story387906903.asp

Bet ya Anything its KOL..their Meant to be Headlining V Festival in August so they could do the Saturday before at Slane.Wouldnt go if i got a free ticket cos just sick to the teeth of Em at this Stage...

..Then Again with the Support Acts Always So Good and they have Soundgarden and Blink 182 Supporting that will Change my mind Quick Enough:pac:

• Advertisement

I no KOL are big but could they really sell out Slane even with good support bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I no KOL are big but could they really sell out Slane even with good support bands?

I don't reckon 80000 14 year old girls that have Use Somebody and Sex On Fire on their Ipod will travel to Slane:P

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I don't reckon 80000 14 year old girls that have Use Somebody and Sex On Fire on their Ipod will travel to Slane:P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    ..And Can just Imagin the 20,000 Yummy Mummys all tryin to Reverse their SUV's up that Hill to Collect their Brats after as Well:P..Think last year was Bad?..Joe Duffys SwitchBoard would explode into a Million Pieces:pac:

But Yeah reckon with the right Support they would sell it out..Ive Often gone to Slane to see Support Acts only..93 to see Pearl Jam,95 to see Oasis,2000 to see Muse and 2003 for Foos ,Queens and Feeder..

Hopin Im Wrong..KOL really need to take a break from this Country..Elevator Music at its best.MEH:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

if KOL hadnt played oxegen so much and donr gigs in the rds and o2, then i would have said yes, itd sell out in minutes but i think most KOL fans in this country have now seen them in the last few years.ive seen them twice, if i hadnt i would go.

in terms of slane, if it does go ahead in june as usual, its going to have to be a big suprise/shock to shift all the tickets at this stage. someone completely unexpected maybe-bruce/mccartney or some other big individual as opposed to a band. in this thread a lot of bands have already been ruled out, who's left really?

I think KOL could be looking likely now since they are playin Hyde Park in England

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

I think KOL could be looking likely now since they are playin Hyde Park in England

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/49764

god i hate kol ever since there 4th album talk about making music for mammys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yeah id say they are VERY likely after that announcement.

• Advertisement

Well if they do play thats another year i shall be skipping Slane ha. Still havent been yet, If only they had 2003 all over again except no Chilis and put Foo Fighters as headliners with QOTSA and Feeder :)

Advertisement