Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Well if they do play thats another year i shall be skipping Slane ha. Still havent been yet, If only they had 2003 all over again except no Chilis and put Foo Fighters as headliners with QOTSA and Feeder :)

Yep that was a good one. Third time i'd seen the chilis and it was the third time i was there to see the band/bands before them!

As for Kings of Leon. Jesus the thoughts! Can they not just feck off for 1 year at least?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

emtroche wrote: »
    Yep that was a good one. Third time i'd seen the chilis and it was the third time i was there to see the band/bands before them!

As for Kings of Leon. Jesus the thoughts! Can they not just feck off for 1 year at least?!

I was to young to go( Dam parents ha) i think i was going into 3rd year. Looks like KOL are all about the money (not surprising these days) they will prob play Slane , den when new album comes out play O2 prob twice then do Marley in 2011 then come back for Oxegen 2012 and headline again ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rumours ive heard are saying its going be paul mcartney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

ive heard rumour dat kings of leon going 2play marlay park so dat wud rule out slane

and apparently, paul mcartneys gigs r booked by aiken and slane have used mcd for the last 20years

not sure who will play slane but Muse would be a quality headliner judging by their wembley stadium shows and the sold-out gig at the o2 last yr. dey also headlining glastonbury with u2 this year.
    maybe wit support from white stripes or arctic monkeys, and extra support from somebody like klaxons or mgmt or biffy clyro or the like it would be an amazing slane festival!!

What ye tink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

would there be 2 gigs at marley park though???

muse would be cool, I reckon they would sell it out. although london is way way bigger than ireland.....

AC/DC should be here , to celebrate 30 years of BIB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    ive heard rumour dat kings of leon going 2play marlay park so dat wud rule out slane

and apparently, paul mcartneys gigs r booked by aiken and slane have used mcd for the last 20years

not sure who will play slane but Muse would be a quality headliner judging by their wembley stadium shows and the sold-out gig at the o2 last yr. dey also headlining glastonbury with u2 this year.
    maybe wit support from white stripes or arctic monkeys, and extra support from somebody like klaxons or mgmt or biffy clyro or the like it would be an amazing slane festival!!

What ye tink?

Not going to happen.

Santry red who do you think will headline slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I think we can rule out Brucie as well as he doesn't appear to be touring this year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Guns N Roses and Faith No More.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Guns N Roses and Faith No More.

If only it was the original line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

At this stage its 18 years since they last played so I think a good metal day out with GNR and AC/DC Slane would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Its On August 28th If it goes Ahead :pac:, http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/02/18/slane-castle-gig-on-august-28/ which ties in with KOL playing V Festival the Weekend before and then Doing Slane:rolleyes::(:mad:
    But Hold On :p..thats Reading/Leeds Weekend..SO Come On Over GNR,Soundgarden and Blink 182 ...LETZ ROCK \m/:D
    O.K. Cant see Axl agreeing to do 3 shows in 3 Days but the Other 2 Will Sure Do for Me even if it is Supporting Ahemmm:rolleyes::(:mad: Cant even bring myself to say their name Again:P
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0219/1224264799470.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

It could be KoL....but he said today it's gonna be a "red hot performance" red hot chilli peppers???

Hmmm.."Red Hot Performance"..Arcade FIRE?..Their Tour Starts in August..Their Mega-Popular here but prob not That Popular;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

Hmmm.."Red Hot Performance"..Arcade FIRE?..Their Tour Starts in August..Their Mega-Popular here but prob not That Popular;)

That'd be amazing!!

I heard they're gonna be playing oxe though....

eeefa wrote: »
    That'd be amazing!!

I heard they're gonna be playing oxe though....
    Either One will Do for Me:pac:..Saw Em at Oxegen 2007 i think it was..They played a Blinding Set and the Crowd were Lovin It..Cant wait to hear their New Stuff Live:)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Radiohead
    R.E.M
    Muse

are all gonna be touring this year!!! anyone think their likely headliners?
    Imagine all of them on the bill :eek::)

I think Radiohead are a very likely contender, they are recording a new album atm, and as they are considered as one of the best live acts in the world I don't think they'd have any trouble selling it out!

as I said ,,, AC/DC 30 years of back in black,,,, what better way to celebrate than coming to Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

Radiohead
    R.E.M
    Muse
    !

OMG, that imo would be a great great lineup, but those are 3 headling acts, so don't see 2 of them supporting the other one. But Radiohead or Muse is a possible I think.
    I'm a big KOL fan, but would be really disappointed if they played. They need to go away for a year or two and come back with some good music, not the crap that was in their latest album.

Radiohead
    R.E.M
    Muse

are all gonna be touring this year!!! anyone think their likely headliners?
    Imagine all of them on the bill :eek::)

I think Radiohead are a very likely contender, they are recording a new album atm, and as they are considered as one of the best live acts in the world I don't think they'd have any trouble selling it out!

Take out Radiohead cause there rubbish imo and but Muse as headliners and i would be seriously happy. But it is looking like KOL but i dont tink they could pull 80,000 they might get about 50,000 or 55,000.

Arcade Fire would be class but not big enough maybe Marley Park if they dont play Oxegen.

Would them recommend ACDC with special guests Them Crooked Vulture would make me go in a second .

• Advertisement

Im just watching the Meteors as Mountcharles got an award for Slane. He thanked all the artists who turned up over the years and then said " Except for Eminem" . :)

I don't think Radiohead would have any problem playing support to R.E.M as they are huge fans, and Thom is kinda obsessed with the band, and Muse are clearly fans of Radiohead, whether or not they would agree to been 3rd on the bill, I dunno, sure would make for a great festival tho!

Yeah sure could be AC/DC, but would they play this much of a high profile gig in Ireland again, after selling out a huge gig in Puncherstown and a smaller gig in the O2 only last year?

What bout muse headlining supported by arcade fire?? that would be amazing!!!!

someone told me it said on one of the sunday papers , that they promise a 'red hot' show,,, RHCP defo?

Arcade Fire are confirmed for Oxegen to the best of my knowledge, So I don't know if they'd play another huge Irish gig, sure would be great tho!!!!,

I thought the Red Hot Chili Peppers split up??? I'm not a big fan but I heard they were incredible the last time they played Slane and are an amazing live band in general,

But I hope its not them, there is so many better possibilities floating around,

Paul McCartney
    The Who
    Radiohead
    R.E.M
    Muse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

akenny01 wrote: »
    someone told me it said on one of the sunday papers , that they promise a 'red hot' show,,, RHCP defo?

Nooooo...............not RHCP. How bout GnR or Metallica???

akenny01 wrote: »

Could that stand for

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Please no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fire and Eyece

Nooooo...............not RHCP. How bout GnR or Metallica???
    THE BIG FOUR
    Metallica - Megadeth - Slayer - Anthrax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

THE BIG FOUR
    Metallica - Megadeth - Slayer - Anthrax

With Anvil as support. :)

I wouldn't say Muse would be playing at it now. They're confirmed for Oxegen.

I can't see past Kings Of Leon to be honest. I think they'd be a huge let down for Slane. I've seen them twice and they're boring as fcuk live imo. It's just like listening to their CD with a load of people standing beside you.

Advertisement