Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane 2010 rumours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

its defo kings.. i wont get into how i know, but it is.
    sure it is:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

on 'xpose' today they were sayin its gonna be kol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

its kings of leon

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

akenny01 wrote: »
    on 'xpose' today they were sayin its gonna be kol

Xpose also 'announced' U2 were gonna play The Aviva stadium and that was proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

but1er wrote: »
    heard kol are confirmed

That would be a terrible blow to Slane, truth be told, as they are not a headline band...not in those numbers

I'd love to go but it's unlikely I'll get the chance because I won't like any of the acts

I'd go if Pearl Jam or Alice In Chains played any kind of role for example but would be hesitant to go if KOL or Paul McCartney were headliners or both performed 1 and 2 on the bill (the undercard would have to be phenomenal)

On the other hand, a repeat of 92 (Guns N Roses/Faith No More) or a repeat of 87 (David Bowie) would be incredible!

• Advertisement

musicmania wrote: »
    Xpose also 'announced' U2 were gonna play The Aviva stadium and that was proved wrong.

when was it proved wrong? they just havent announced it yet.. bug tbh I dont want KOL at slane so I Hope there wrong About it, and i sure as hell dont wana see u2 @ the aviva :L

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

when was it proved wrong? they just havent announced it yet.. bug tbh I dont want KOL at slane so I Hope there wrong About it, and i sure as hell dont wana see u2 @ the aviva :L

http://hotpress.com/archive/6225961.html

yeah this was on xpose and that u2 qoute was said to be fake :/ ... I dont mind though I Hate u2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

My aunt told me last night that KOL were confirmed:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 marcoz

"Them Crooked Vultures" would be a class act for this year They are doimng the download festival in donnington uk and a couple of gig in Norway and Sweden so ya never know. Check out the petition on Facebook to have them play her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

marcoz wrote: »
    "Them Crooked Vultures" would be a class act for this year They are doimng the download festival in donnington uk and a couple of gig in Norway and Sweden so ya never know. Check out the petition on Facebook to have them play her

Link??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Well I guess Paul McCartney is outta the running for Slane now that he has confirmed a gig in the RDS in June!!! :)

Well if its the Kings of Leon, its gonna be the biggest disappointment ever and possibly the worst Slane headliner ever, The band have a few good tunes, I'm not a big fan, but I've seen them live and the gig was like watching paint dry they are very boring nothing stands out about them!!!

If the Kings of Leon are headliners I cant see the support slot been anything too special!!!

like I said before..

Kings of leon just aint big enough... Yeah they might sell it out in england, Ireland is a lot smaller in size and population... don't see it happening,,, if it does then its a joke :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    My aunt told me last night that KOL were confirmed:confused:

Well if she said it.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Well I guess Paul McCartney is outta the running for Slane now that he has confirmed a gig in the RDS in June!!! :)

Well if its the Kings of Leon, its gonna be the biggest disappointment ever and possibly the worst Slane headliner ever, The band have a few good tunes, I'm not a big fan, but I've seen them live and the gig was like watching paint dry they are very boring nothing stands out about them!!!

If the Kings of Leon are headliners I cant see the support slot been anything too special!!!

Macca and the RDS here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

What about Madona :p

KOL have 3 good albums, but they have played in ireland 6 times within the last 4 years. (3 Oxegens in a row, 2 nights in the RDS and the O2) I dont think they will be able to attract 80K people, mainly because of this. IF it was their first gig in Ireland in 4-5 years, it would be a sell out. As you mentioned, they are not the best live band in the world, they are OK, but no MUSE, U2, Kasabian, ACDC.....

As for the support, last year I thought Kasabian and the Prodigy were amazing support. The Prodigy gave a better on stage performance than Oasis (but Oasis were still amazing :))

If KOL are playing, i might go, but it will depend on the support acts. There will probably be 4 support bands, 1 of which will probably be the blizzards, coronas, Mundy, script.......Token Irish band. hope they get a decent irish band like Rep of loose or Bell X1.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha i thought about making one of those last night. There is a KOL one going around aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Please god no.... not KOL ! It wouldn't sell out. Can't imaging slane not full. ACDC would be kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sin1981

As another person really interested in going to Slane this year, I have a real bad feeling we're all going to end up disappointed.:(
    I think Lord thingy is a bit too eager to please, and will end up getting a commerically successful band who are riding a bit of a crest of a wave, and I think at the mo that points to KOL.
    I love their early stuff, and have seen them 3 times, but jesus, can they just feck off back to Tennessee and write some good music. Leave Slane to a really big established Rock band! It's what Slane is for!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Does Ireland really need to see the KOL live again? After their appearance at Reading last year, I'm suprised they didn't break up. I lost the little bit of respect I had for them that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

what the hell is it with the irish and the love for KOL, all you heard from that oxegen lot was them screaming for KOL and they got them 2 years in a bloody row, if they play at slane, thats 3 years on the trot they've played here, so everyone who wanted to see em, would of gone to either of the oxegen shows, so do they really think they will have enough wanting to go, to sell out 80,000 plus tickets?

anyway imo, they need to give a special act this year as the disaster last year would def be putting folk off going again, i sure as hell know i'll not be going unless the act is someone real special, and KOL wouldnt even make my top 15, i really dont like them, and sex on fire, is one of the most overplayed songs ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

after going last yr it would take someone very special to even get me to consider going to slane again. KOL just dont meet that. like most KOL fans ive seen them enough times at this stage. if it was their first gig in ireland for 2-3 yrs maybe, but its overkill now and their last album wasnt as good as previous. unfortunately it was very radio friendly, the mass public like anything they are forced to listen to, hence the reason i think it probably will be them.the amount of mates i have who werent that big of fans, then sex on fire came along and it all changed.

apart from AC/DC who really else could it possibly be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

well i do agree, at the moment, there arent enough big bands out there who i am dying to see, would ac/dc pull in a big crowd? didnt the tickets sell out pretty fast the first time they played here a year or two back, also, didnt they come back again since?

i ainta an acdc fan anyway, and unless its summat unique, like a full beatles re-union, with john and all back, then i'll not go lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

That thing that gets me with most of the posters on here is that there not open to new, quality music.

Bitch & moan about not getting some washed out 60's & 70's rebels all you want - I for one find it refreshing to have arguably the finest young live band in the world headlining Slane.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Well said Manc-Red!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Arguably being the most important word in that post by Manc-Red, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Manc-Red wrote: »
    That thing that gets me with most of the posters on here is that there not open to new, quality music.

Bitch & moan about not getting some washed out 60's & 70's rebels all you want - I for one find it refreshing to have arguably the finest young live band in the world headlining Slane.

Just my 2 cents.

Who are you talking about exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

dougs09 wrote: »
    what the hell is it with the irish and the love for KOL, all you heard from that oxegen lot was them screaming for KOL and they got them 2 years in a bloody row, if they play at slane, thats 3 years on the trot they've played here

They played during the day at oxegen 2007 as well! (3 years in a row). Their last gig in ireland before everyone was forced to like them

Just my 2 cents.

Well kasabian and glasvegas played at slane last year. New bands are not going to sell 80k tickets, thats why the headliners are always "massive" bands with 4-5 albums under their belt.
    dougs09 wrote: »
    would ac/dc pull in a big crowd? didnt the tickets sell out pretty fast the first time they played here a year or two back, also, didnt they come back again since?

I only managed to get tickets to their second show last year, best gig of my life! AC/DC, with good support would probably sell out.

AC/DC
    them crooked vultures
    The Answer
    Rep of Loose

That would be a cool line up imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just my 2 cents.

You can't be talking about Kings of Leon .... seriously ?:eek:

Advertisement