Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is ridiculous.....

• 03-11-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m11d1-MS-forcefully-removes-party-chat-for-upcoming-titles

"Do you like to use the party chat option on your Xbox 360? Well, if you do, you may soon find yourself being forced out of using that option. Microsoft appears to be offering developers the option to negate the private chat option the Xbox 360 offers. Currently, players have the option of forming a private chat with players, but that will soon change.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will force players to decide whether or not they’ll play the game and join the game chat, or choose to stay in a private chat and not play in the multiplayer game. With titles like Gears of War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, and many other online based multiplayer titles, the private chat feature became a way of telling other players of enemy locations after being killed.

Such a feature shouldn’t detract from the overall online experience much, but there will surely be some gamers who won’t like the type of feature being implemented. With some gamers only using the private chat to talk to friends while playing different games, this will likely pose a problem for them."

WHY!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Theres a photo over on Neogaf showing party chat being blocked on MW2 but it seems its only going to be enforced on certain gametypes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It's the wrong thing to do - the super organised will find another way to chat over the net whilst playing - better would be remove the ability to scan the map as a dead player

Just force the player to view the world through the eyes of a teammate whilst dead - no advantage can be gained as the 'dead' player can see nothing that his teammate can't and those playing on lans/splitscreen or with non-xbox comms won't have an advantage either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Seriously annoying idea.

Mostly because a vast number of people on xbox live are annoying.

I like being able to play halo 3/COD 4 and only have to talk to three or four friends I know wont sound like a prepubescent high on sugar and borderline emo on the wrongs of the world of gaming with freudian obsession with the word *gay*.

Wasnt that why we got the damn thing in the first place?

Also Aside from search and destroy what other cod modes actually have any serious length of time being dead? Like someone already said, hitch the camera to a mate when dead in those modes.

Maybe it'll be an option for the host to decide? In which case most hosts will leave it off except in clan games, cause matchmaking will take alot longer if its on when whole parties get kicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Hopefully its like halo game chat and you can just mute other players with the simple press of a button.

Otherwise, i actually think its a good idea! Now no one on the other team can communicate while dead. I know me and my mates are usually always in party chat, and the minute one of us is killed, we always tell where the enemy are. Simple rule "DEAD MEN DON'T TALK" :rolleyes:.

If it makes for more realistic gameplay. Im all for it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

pH wrote: »
    no advantage can be gained as the 'dead' player can see nothing that his teammate can't

You can scan around corners etc if you're in third person view so you can have a member of your team telling you what's to your right, left, behind etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

There is a way of getting around it, I think:
    You can actually already technically get around this "party chat" function.

If you and your friends all set your 'Privacy' settings voice to 'Friends Only', then in the game chat, only your friends would hear you and you would only hear your friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Think it's a great idea myself. Fair play to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think it makes sense for games like MW2, to help reduce the cheaters - but then again, mobile phones and other Messaging options could be used if they really want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

They should just do it so when your killed in game your mike is ''dead'' until you respawn. Personally this won't bother me but i'm sure it will annoy teams.

Advertisement