Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FCA1 & FCA2 Conundrum

Options
  • 03-11-2009 2:04am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Didn't want to start a new thread on this but cannot find an appropriate thread to attach it to.

I'm caught in a self doubt situation and need clarification. I would consider myself fairly well up on the FCA1 and FCA2 forms and what does and does not need doing. Here is the story.

Was speaking to a mate of mine a couple of days ago and he was telling me he got his license for his 243 but is immediately subbing it for another 243. Told him he need only use the FCA1. He fills in his personal details (name, address, etc). Details of the new rifle, old one ( basically 3.1 - 3.4) All other details are already on file with your previous license application. He asked about the FCA2 form and which part he needed to fill in. I told him the FCA2 was only for amendments to your current license (name, address, cert number error, etc). Or cancellation of a license no longer wanted. He told me the local Garda told him he had to fill in both. The local Garda is my local but not an FO. I went to see him today on an unrelated matter and we got talking. I said the same to him as i said to my mate and he agreed that i was right and that he had been informing people in the wrong.

I don't know if the FCA2 along with the FCA1 will cause problems for people that have already lodged them but i was thinking the FCA2 could cancel a current license but the FCA1 would renew it, it will not be free but cost another €80 if it was cancelled and re-issued. If nothing else the substitution could be returned or not processed properly leading to a mix up in details on the new license (my mind ran away with itself thinking of all scenarios).

Anyway long story,............ well still long, ........... what are your views? Am i right in saying only a FCA1 is needed for a sub? Have i given bad advice? Have the other people been given bad advice?

Its not about me being right, more so its about helping inform others that genuinely don't know what to do (and there are still a few out there). I don't mind admitting i'm wrong, or saying nothing when i don't know but it bothers me to think i may have given poor advice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The FCA1 form is used for substitutions (as well as everything else). The FCA2 is only for amendments.

Currently the Gardai are accepting substitutions using form FCA2 only where the new licence hasn't issued yet.

Advertisement