Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switzers, Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Apart from their moving christmas displays in the windows I remember their umbrellas - the clear plastic mushroom type which covered your head and shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

jos28 wrote: »
    Didn't Switzers open a branch in Henry Street opposite Arnotts back in the early 1980s ? Or am I imagining things :confused:

I don't remember that but there was definitely an ARNOTTS branch in Grafton Street near the Suffolk Street end. Later this became a River Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ernest wrote: »
    I don't remember that but there was definitely an ARNOTTS branch in Grafton Street near the Suffolk Street end. Later this became a River Island.

I don't think it was called SwitZers it was called Assent or Ascent or something like that I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

It was called Accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Wish Switzers stayed there where it was! Every Christmas I used to be brought into town to go to the panto in the gaiety and when it was finished we would walk down to look at the Christmas windows in Switzers and then go across to McDonald's for a happy meal. Good times, good memories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Colpriz wrote: »
    ah the memories..yes they certainly had the best Xmas dispaly..such excitment I had as a child waiting to go to town that evening with my parents...off topic but does anyone remember Cleary's christmas plastic bag with a huge santa on the front and back? Christ it just sticks in my imagination..such a great childhood memory

No but I do remember penneys used to give out a colouring page very christmas for a colouring competition. I used to LOVE getting into my pjs sitting beside the fire to colour in the ten pages that I had taken home, all while my mother was finishing off the baking of Xmas puddings. :)

Advertisement