Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone into a bit of collaboration?

• 03-11-2009 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm thinking I'd like to find some like minded folk to noise make with for a bit of a change as I'm in a bit of a lull at the moment. I'm a fruity/ableton user but open to other programs (former cubase inmate, but dont really want to go back to the slammer). I'd prefer to work with people who know what they are doing or at the very least have an Idea about what they want to do. So if you would be interested in sharing ideas and making strange sounds with a complete stranger(in a purely plutonic way of course) gimmie a shout!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

What kind of music do you like to make yourself mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 legomonster

Good question, should probably have given some examples. I'll post some links later, but it really varies an awful lot depending on how I'm feeling at the time, though often gets quite harsh and hectic. I dont tend to make a "house tune" or "dnb track". Listening to a good bit of dubstep at the moment, and I would like to maybe incorporate some elements of that into something..... But really what I'm looking for is collaborations that will open all parties involved into new ideas and ways of working, which I think can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Des Claypool

there fella!

i'm a bassist been playing for nearly 10 years, i'm a big pro tools head. Do a lot of weird orchestral drum and bass type stuff, my main plugins i use would be sampletank and garritan personal orchestra. I also dabble in the odd bit of ableton. here's my email address, send me a couple of samples and i'l send ya some back to see what ya think.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

im the same lately totally on a null on my own and im starting tracks and either get stuck or i end up thinking its rubbish . been thinking if i worked with someone else that it stuff could get done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdamTheDub

im the same lately totally on a null on my own and im starting tracks and either get stuck or i end up thinking its rubbish . been thinking if i worked with someone else that it stuff could get done
    I'm the exact same. I'd like to mix up two genres and see the result for defo. The final sound would be immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

AdamTheDub wrote: »
    I'm the exact same. I'd like to mix up two genres and see the result for defo. The final sound would be immense.

yeah it definitly would, both people would have 2 different styles of input into the track , would be interesting .

Advertisement