Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A duck walks into a shop...

Options
  • 03-11-2009 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

A duck walks into a shop and says, "Give me some chapstick, put it on my bill!" But the cash register attendee doesn't speak English and cannot understand him. He does, however, question whether his God is punishing him because as all people know, ducks cannot speak. He realises that this hallucination must be punishment for a horrid misdeed. The employee breaks down into tears and begins reciting prayer. The duck, slightly miffed, walks out pondering why he'd need chapstick anyway since he has no lips.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's been far too long since I've read such a terrible anti-joke. I love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eatchicken

Is this not more a pun than a joke? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

eatchicken wrote: »
    Is this not more a pun than a joke? :confused:
    No, the joke is constructed so that you expect a pun, and then builds to a climax - but there is no punch line. Its a type of humour known as an anti-joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

No, the joke is constructed so that you expect a pun, and then builds to a climax - but there is no punch line. Its a type of humour known as an anti-joke.

Still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

A duck walks into a shop and says, "Give me some chapstick, put it on my bill!" But the cash register attendee doesn't speak English and cannot understand him. He does, however, question whether his God is punishing him because as all people know, ducks cannot speak. He realises that this hallucination must be punishment for a horrid misdeed. The employee breaks down into tears and begins reciting prayer. The duck, slightly miffed, walks out pondering why he'd need chapstick anyway since he has no lips.
    Surely that's the pun.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement