Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"V" - new remake starting on TV 3, Nov 5th, 22:00

• 03-11-2009 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

I saw an advert on TV3 for this Thursday (Nov 5th), 22:00.

They've a remake of "V" on.
    Same deal... big ship hovering over the city, tear the false skin off the lizards faces etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

is there a repeat of it on at all? Or will there be any other stations showing it? I want to watch it but, there are two other programs on at the same time that i watch - so I can't even record it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Don't know if any other stations are running with it, just caught a single preview advert of it. Although I am pleasantly surprised an Irish channel is showing it, it's the sort of thing I would expect Sky One to do first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Saw the first 30 seconds of it, Juliette from Lost features in it as a person who wakes up one morning...

(the first 8 minutes are available from CBSor ABC, or whichever station is making it in the US)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

it might not be that bad, i loved the original, but that was back in the good aul times.
    i'll give it a chance and see what its like.

i remember we use to spray red V's on old billboards around town when it was on the tele , ha !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It's okay. Seems like a huge amount crammed into one episode with no proper pacing.

Most of the hidden secrets of V are revealed in the episode. It's no BSG miniseries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭somuj

It will probably show one season then switch it over to 3e:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Largely the same team as 4400 which I always enjoyed so I've series - linked it for now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

somuj wrote: »
    It will probably show one season then switch it over to 3e:mad:

Or their usual stunt, show the season up to the last few episodes and then stop with no warning or apology. With the last episodes shown next year with no announcement at a late night slot eg The Shield.

Loved the original but will hold judgement on the remake. Did anyone notice the riots on the news from world cities I think one clip was dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

so who else noticed the garda in the riot scenes when they were watching tv in the office, priceless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

It's okay. Seems like a huge amount crammed into one episode with no proper pacing.

Most of the hidden secrets of V are revealed in the episode. It's no BSG miniseries.

No real point in keeping it secret, since most will know from the origional series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Madflah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I enjoyed the first episode and will def give the next few episodes a watch.

This also helps me like it :pac::pac::pac:

laura-vandervoort-from-stuff-magazine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

The actresses who plays Anna looks rough compared to how she usually looks. Must be the short hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

so who else noticed the garda in the riot scenes when they were watching tv in the office, priceless!

Wow im just glad the V chose us!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Any idea why TV3 aren't showing V now? Was really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Any idea why TV3 aren't showing V now? Was really enjoying it.

Apparently it's gone on hiatus until March! :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_V_%282009_TV_series%29_episodes#cite_note-return_march_2010-0

That's never a good thing! Wiki could be lying though..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

"V" is among a number of shows going on hiatus with particularly irritating long breaks. Unfortunately some shows lose any traction they've gained and return to disinterested audiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

1-2-3-4 then back in March.
    I dont think the show is in any danger of being shelved as they ordered a good few
    episodes after the pilot was so sucessfull months before it aired.

Damn annoying how they do things in the US when it comes to the starting and stopping of shows though.

I love both the old V and the new V.

It was weird the way the original series was never ment
    to be a sci-fi show. It was ment to be a WWII show about the Nazi's, but for various Politically Correct reasons and interest levels in the US it was made into a Sci-Fi show.

Loved Diana and the Star Child when she was all grown up.
    At the moment I am re-watching the original series on DVD. Marc Singer Rocked as an actor even if the fecker
    never took off those damn annoying gloves he wore
    throughout the whole show.

The new series ya got the Hooker from Firefly every nerds wet dream and the babe who playes Supergirl from Smallville hubba Hubba!,
    The Blonde from Lost never done it for me but
    workmates that usually Hate Sci-fi seem to Love Her! and
    Love the new series of V. Which was unexpected.

Besides all the female Hot-ness! the show looks good.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Went to off license - came home - had dinner - turned on teletext - no V..

Can not believe I have to wait till March to see the next episode. This is so annoying, not bad enough I'm counting down the days till Lost returns now I have to do the same for V..

AAAAhhhhh... I could literally scream..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Saw this at the end of last weeks show, balls. :mad:

I'm enjoying it though. Just don't want them to drag it out and kill it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've had it on permanent hiatus since the end of episode 2. Let me know if it gets good, or even manages to drag itself up to average.

Edit: With those viewer numbers (9.2 million for Ep4) you should be concerned about it being cancelled.

Advertisement