Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Dublin Restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Chez Max was terribly disappointing the last time I was there, which was recently enought.

Wouldn't overly recommend Fire or Le Mere Zou either.

For that price range you could be in One Pico or the Pearl Brasserie. Two of the best in that price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just saw esmeralda mention Dax, very good, lovely food.

another one that never gets a mention is the tea room in the clarence. their market menu is 3 courses for 26 euros and is changed almost every day. The food is seriously good.

just saw you were in to fish. in that case, it would have to be bentley's, even though dax do some lovely fish dishes, bentley's will have more choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The food in Dax is excellent but just can't justify the price. It's too out of whack with the competition imo, particularly at lunch time. That said they're very good to people with food allergies etc.
    Have never eaten in the tearooms shrapnel, too many mixed reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

ball wrote: »
    Also, Tante Zoe's in temple bar (around the corner from Citi Bar).
    Nice resturaunt. Kinda cajun style, but nice
    I''m hearing bad things about it since the new guys went in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If you're looking for seafood, then Bentleys is a great place. One of Dublin's "better" restaurants, and not too expensive. Service is good, food is great. Your wife will love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

jdivision wrote: »
    The food in Dax is excellent but just can't justify the price. It's too out of whack with the competition imo, particularly at lunch time. That said they're very good to people with food allergies etc.
    Have never eaten in the tearooms shrapnel, too many mixed reviews.

i know what you mean about the tearoom, but i've been there twice in the last 6 months, and it is now full or close to full from wednesday through to sunday, which in my book is always a good sign. that place used to be a ghost town, but their market menu, is simple and delicious and a great recession buster, and i love a restaurant who is confident enough to change their menu every day, depending on what looks best at the market. to be honest, at 26 euros for 3 courses, you'd be crazy not to try it out for yourself.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orangeytree

I am trying this one tonight... so looking forward to it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am trying this one tonight... so looking forward to it!! :)

What one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Aard wrote: »
    If you're looking for seafood, then Bentleys is a great place. One of Dublin's "better" restaurants, and not too expensive. Service is good, food is great. Your wife will love it.

Corrigan is gone - its no longer Bentleys... Its called the Cliff Town Houses now, menu v much the same though + its still excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 6 orangeytree

amdublin wrote: »
    What one :confused:

Hi all, I was yesterday at Dada jus INCREDIBLE!!! Amazing food, great saff, great atmosphere I am looking forward to my next visit just GREAT GREAT PLACE loved it!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

For any special occasion - and if you don't mind travelling just a bit outside the City - each of these has a unique history and is marvellous! :)

Beaufield Mews, Stillorgan http://www.beaufieldmews.com/

The Queens, Dalkey http://www.thequeens.ie/

Advertisement