Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Kilcock

Options
  • 03-11-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I made a post a couple of months ago about moving to the hazelhatch area in celbridge. Unfortunatly that sale fell through but thankfully we got a nice house in kilcock. I was wondering if you can suggest the things to do in the area and maybe some clubs to join or something? We are completely new to the area and dont know anyone so would like to know whats going on locally!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

If you visit www.ourkilcock.ie this should get ye started!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

What sort of things interest you trudub?
    Sportswise there's plenty of choice within a mile of the town centre
    Rugby, GAA, Soccer, Hockey, Athletics, Tennis, Squash... The Beauty of Kilcock is that it's reasonably quiet and almost country living, but within short driving distance to the city or at least to busier areas..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

cheers guys ill check out the website. And yes its perfectly balanced between country living and the city. Thats the exact reason why we picked it in the end. To be able to go for a walk but at the same time going into town isnt a big deal to get to.

We were quitte interested in cannooing and rafting, so might see is there any local clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

lol @ canoeing, you kinda fell on your feet.

There's a club that play canoe polo in the canal in the town centre, and down the way in Lucan, is one of the better spots for canoeing/rafting in the liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

There's 2 canoe polo clubs there, one play in the harbour (Kilcock), the other (North Kildare) play above the locks.
    As far as I know there isn't a casual canoeing club in the town unless you want to get one yourself and bring it out.. There is the salmon leap canoe club in Leixlip as well which might be more what you're after?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 triop

Hi there everyone. I have just joined this site and I am looking for somewhere to bring my son for his birthday this year. I would like to bring him to an Airsoft game I believe there is one in Kilcock does anyone know where it is or have a number for them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭trudub

cheers for all the comments guys, ill have a look around at the clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

trudub wrote: »
    cheers guys ill check out the website. And yes its perfectly balanced between country living and the city. Thats the exact reason why we picked it in the end. To be able to go for a walk but at the same time going into town isnt a big deal to get to.

We were quitte interested in cannooing and rafting, so might see is there any local clubs

Islandbridge has a number of rowing clubs if your interested. It isn't a million miles from Kilcock and the bus goes that way. Its probably got the best rowing facilities in the country in some of those clubs. A number on the same road.

There isn't any worthwhile waterways in the area for Canoeing or Kayaking, believe me I've looked more than once.

If you find anything let me know. I used to do rowing so know the rowing clubs are there but I stopped rowing a while ago.

You could contact the Maynooth College Kayaking club to find out what they do but you probably couldn't join as a member as its a college club. Probably wouldn't want to anyway as different age groups and all.

Advertisement