Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statistics etc needed!!!

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I'm doing an assignment for college to do with the budget and i was wondering if any of you out there can point me in the direction of some useful statistics and figures. I'm specifically looking for the total revenue generated from retail ytd 2009 and possibly 2008 also, I would also like the exact number of jobs lost in retail over the last year...although i do have a vague idea on that one. Also if anyone knows exactly how much money the govt are spending on job losses ie. social welfare payment and lost inc tax revenue that would be great!!I've had a look at the cso and others like that but i just cant seem to pinpoint exact figures for retail revenue in ireland so any help would be GREAT!!!! cheers :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

cso.ie ( if anybody) has these stats as does centralbank.ie , 2008 and 2009 may not be available or may be estimates not final figures but 2007 should be and then follow the quarterly reports and annual reports onwards from these .

the cso has a clunky online database thing that spits out stats like so

http://beyond2020.cso.ie/Census/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=77113

click on actions ( upper left) to get download options

also see breakdowns of GDP by component , google ireland gdp components for starters .

if you do a bit of work then paste in the links you find and we may tell you if you have the right data ....or not.

Advertisement