Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmongers

Options
  • 03-11-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommendations for good fishmongers in Dundalk?
    Im sure there are plenty in Carlingford but would prefer in Dundalk town itself

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think it's every Thursday or Friday that there is one on Park street in the morning. I pass it going to work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

is that outside the old Dunnes?

Id be looking to get fresh fish on a saturday though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You might try the fishmonger along the side of the Ulster Bank, or Tony Kieran in CHurch Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

event wrote: »
    is that outside the old Dunnes?

Id be looking to get fresh fish on a saturday though

Yep.
    srameen wrote:
    You might try the fishmonger along the side of the Ulster Bank

Forgot about that one. Probably the best bet for Saturday. Not sure if the one outside Dunnes is there that morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

what street is that on lads, whereabout is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Vincie Morgan is on Park St on Thursdays and Fridays and has great fish, the shop is Morgans beside the Ulster Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

If you can make it to Clogherhead the best fish you will get anywhere are to be got in the fish shop just beside the pier at port Oriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I saw a fish van parked down on Church St on Fri morning. I think it may be the same crowd that park outside Dunnes in Park St, I don't know if they're there on Saturdays. I was going to ask my mam up for dinner Sunday and wanted to get fresh fish on the Saturday too. A girl at work suggested I freeze some and thaw it out Saturday night. I fancy some red fish, what's the proper name for it, smoked haddock or cod?
    Just saw your post Srameen, I never thought of Kierans.

Advertisement