Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruse Hill

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:14pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    can anyone tell me how to get access to a walking route up Bruse Hill? That's assuming it is possible to get up there - I want to walk it, but I dont want to end up traipsing through private property or anything. It looks as though there might be an entrance near the quarry on the Arva road - is that the best way to head in?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Only been up it a few times. Never came across a proper path to the top.
    The path from the quarry to the left of the big hole brings you a good amount up and then you have to veer in through the whin bushes to get to the top.
    There's tracks made by animals which are the best way to get up to the peak once you are off the gravel path.
    re whether youre allowed in the quarry. Cant answer that. Theres no security guard or anything so youll be grand.

another place nearish is flemmings folly near Ballinagh which has a great view over the entire county. Again. Not sure if its private property but the few times I was there I was never bothered.
    (maybe someone can give an update on access?)

Its a pity both places arent properly in the public domain and maintained with proper paths and access.
    And same for Killykeen that despite the best efforts of the people involved, its not recepient of any tourism/ amenity grants so really isnt living up to its potential (go to florencecourt ran by the national trust across the border in Fermanagh and you'll see the difference).

Then again wasnt Bertie was too busy lowering taxes, raising the dole and giving benchmarking bonanzas to be looking after any public amenities during the boom days.

Advertisement