Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels v Sporting Fingal Playoff

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

:D

Comedy post, defiantly my vote for post of the year. Glory hunting fans :rolleyes:

261895143a7496111790l.jpg
    One down three to go.

I better not comment on this one. Got me in trouble on Foot.ie:D

Lads. In fairness we have got it in the ear from shels fans (not all) for the past two years. I think some of us can be forgiven if we give a little back.

All the best for next year.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I really, really hope that something mightily unpleasant happens to your football club :) Talk about being ungracious in defeat. Disgusting

Eh:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Des wrote: »
    Three. ;)

And four is on the way. :(

I you count the consecutive 1st Div. League games it sounds more impressive.
    36+36+33=105.

Here's to the next one hundred

LiamMc wrote: »
    I you count the consecutive 1st Div. League games it sounds more impressive.
    36+36+33=105. + 1 playoff = 106 ;)

Here's to the next one hundred

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Id rather support a club in the FD than a franchise in the PD.

• Advertisement

Well said. because that is what you will be doing for a very long time;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shels would be firm favourites for the first divison title next year I'd imagine, unlike this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I really, really hope that something mightily unpleasant happens to your football club :) Talk about being ungracious in defeat. Disgusting

Silly comment considering your previous posts across the boards towards Sporting Fingal. Shels fans are ungracious all year so calm down. :D

cymro you are another reason I dislike your franchise, and as for the ref correct me if I'm wrong but he was the one who gave Finn Harps the phantom peno in ballybofey in the summer which robbed us of 2 points.

After reading that post, i now love that ref :D

But dont you realise Shelbourne fc is a franchise ?:D

• Advertisement

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Shels would be firm favourites for the first divison title next year I'd imagine, unlike this season.

All depends who is in it next year. I think Waterford will win it if they get a few more players or Bray/Fingal Or a demoted team . I see Shels struggling next year.

Good lord man, stop posting, take a breath and wait for a reply...I'd imagine we'll be the favourites. Beyond that who knows.

I doubt that you will be favourites seeing that you keep bottling it every year :D

I'd hardly call losing to a team far bigger budget and far superior players bottling it. Eitherway I really don't get why you care so much?

Also despite what you may believe, the phrase "every year" applies to more than the last two years, difficult to believe I know...When your record comes within an arses roar of what Shels have done 'every year' then, and only then, can you talk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This thread and it's woodwork crawlers will make interesting reading when the inevitable happens to the franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

If only this would happen to Fingal against Bray... Would love to see Morton up in flames and Zayed slowly burning to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

hunter164 wrote: »
    If only this would happen to Fingal against Bray... Would love to see Morton up in flames and Zayed slowly burning to death.

And which team is supposed to be Fingal and which Bray??

Now now, that's not nice. Just because Shels are homeless doesn't mean you have to want Morton Stadium. ;)

Of course, Fingal won't be there much longer, once the new stadium is built. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is Fingal Coco building that stadium, or Gannon, because if it's Gannon, I wouldn't really hold out much hope.

Fingals new stadium will be a great addition to the league. Go nicely alongside Bohs new ground, Droghedas new ground, The Bertie Bowl, Abbotstown, Finn Harps new ground beside the old one, Dublin Citys stadium and Tolka Valley Park. We'll be able to host a world cup with all these great new grounds, once they're planned they're as good as built, right?

Is Fingal Coco building that stadium, or Gannon, because if it's Gannon, I wouldn't really hold out much hope.

Very true, but this is a public/private partnership, so not dependent on any one person/group for finances.

Planning is well under way, and I believe it's to be ready for 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Where is it due to be built!

I'd hardly call losing to a team far bigger budget and far superior players bottling it. Eitherway I really don't get why you care so much?

Also despite what you may believe, the phrase "every year" applies to more than the last two years, difficult to believe I know...When your record comes within an arses roar of what Shels have done 'every year' then, and only then, can you talk :pac:

It was only a few years ago that shels spent money they didnt have to win the league and do wellish in europe. Now they spend within their budget we see what they are really like.So its ok for shels to spend big money but not Fingal?
    How long after forming in ringsend did shels actually win anything of important?

cymro wrote: »
    It was only a few years ago that shels spent money they didnt have to win the league and do wellish in europe. Now they spend within their budget we see what they are really like.So its ok for shels to spend big money but not Fingal?
    How long after forming in ringsend did shels actually win anything of important?

Is the first part of your post remotely related to the post you quoted?

I don't even know what the league situation was when Shels were formed, when Shels were formed this country didn't exist for christ's sake...What point are you trying to make here?

How old are you? This is a genuine question not an insult by the way, because I'm assuming like 15 so if I'm wrong I apologise? I'm not having a go here, just wondering to get some context...Feel free not to answer btw

This thread and it's woodwork crawlers will make interesting reading when the inevitable happens to the franchise.

Your wishes dont always come true but mine are slowly coming true :D
    First was to beat Shels in the play off and stop them getting promoted
    Second is for us to get promoted in only our second year, thats close to becoming true.
    Winning the FAI cup , thats close to becoming true but im sure Sligo will try their best to spoil that for me.

First you lose Tolka, next it will be your sad little club and your sour supporters spouting abuse to all on here after Shels fold.

Is the first part of your post remotely related to the post you quoted?

I don't even know what the league situation was when Shels were formed, when Shels were formed this country didn't exist for christ's sake...What point are you trying to make here?

How old are you? This is a genuine question not an insult by the way, because I'm assuming like 15 so if I'm wrong I apologise? I'm not having a go here, just wondering to get some context...Feel free not to answer btw

Read up on your so called club before making silly comments towards others.

I can be as old as you want me to be x :)

Read up on your so called club before making silly comments towards others.

Honestly, what does that even mean? Does that comment have any relation to...anything really? What silly comments? and so called...Are you implying Shelbourne aren't a club? What are they then, a house?

hunter164 wrote: »

Ye, great post, now grow up and cop on.

Honestly, what does that even mean? Does that comment have any relation to...anything really? What silly comments? and so called...Are you implying Shelbourne aren't a club? What are they then, a house?

Just shows your lack of intelligence if i have to explain it to you.

Just shows your lack of intelligence if i have to explain it to you.

Seriously, what in the name of GOD are you talking about? feel free to humour my lack of intelligence, this is a medium of debate and enlightenment after all

• Advertisement

Where is it due to be built!

near lusk.

Fingals new stadium will be a great addition to the league. Go nicely alongside Bohs new ground, Droghedas new ground, The Bertie Bowl, Abbotstown, Finn Harps new ground beside the old one, Dublin Citys stadium and Tolka Valley Park. We'll be able to host a world cup with all these great new grounds, once they're planned they're as good as built, right?

And shels new ground? Any plans for that?

And shels new ground? Any plans for that?

Plans? We've about three new grounds and a load of groudshares if we're discussing plans. We'll mix it up for home games I guess.

Seriously, what in the name of GOD are you talking about? feel free to humour my lack of intelligence, this is a medium of debate and enlightenment after all

As i said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pffft its Point and laugh at shels time again, screw SF :D

Plans? We've about three new grounds and a load of groudshares if we're discussing plans. We'll mix it up for home games I guess.

of course

• Advertisement

As i said

What did you say? Your overall point was lost on my many posts ago. I give up, you're right, whatever you said is spot on I'm sure. I just haven't the wit to decode the cryptic mysterous jesus-esque riddle style of your wisdom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

near lusk.
    If you build out there, presumably you'll get even less fans than you do now. I know that no LOI club gets many fans, but what's the point of building a stadium and getting about 50 fans? It's completely unsustainable I think it'll be added to the long list of phantom stadiums that were never build.

Apparently from a facebook conversation with the Fingal goalkeeper. If it's true he's some lovely fella really.

Dinny Corcoran What a win tonite!
    Yesterday at 22:36
    3 people like this.

Adam Sullivanno way use up now?wat was d score?
    Yesterday at 22:40

Brendan Clarkehow did shels finish second, kickers and hoofers
    Yesterday at 22:53

Dinny Corcoran2-1... were in de playoff final against bray
    Yesterday at 23:39

Darren Quigleyhoof and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
    Yesterday at 23:54

Shauny Williamshahahahhahaha
    Yesterday at 23:59

Thomas McGrathGood man Dinny, fair balls. Remember, good keeper here if yiz are interested!! Smile hahahah
    21 hours ago

Darren Quigleywe are fine for a keeper thanks. Dinny sort him out before i do Smile
    21 hours ago

Shauny Williamsill tell ya one thing son
    21 hours ago

Lorcan Fitzgeralddinny u done well wen u came on lad.... nottt hahaha x
    21 hours ago

Shauny Williamsi have to say wat about me free kick ........sorry bout that
    21 hours ago

Lorcan Fitzgeraldgezza wat bout my rite foot swingerrrrrrr ha.
    21 hours ago

Shauny Williamshaha was priceless
    21 hours ago

Lorcan Fitzgeraldbuzzin we beat dem tho u no... free kick was alrite 2 b fair i cin d goals on d news jus der 2 b fair sorri bout eamos finish...
    21 hours ago

Darren Quigleywhat about my dropsie in the goal from the peno! followed by the sniper shot that took me down before bisto saw red! haha sucker!
    21 hours ago

Lorcan Fitzgeraldhaha i c ur mug nd all on it in d interview haha.... dnt worry dey blanked out d figures dis time ha..
    21 hours ago

Apparently from a facebook conversation with the Fingal goalkeeper. If it's true he's some lovely fella really.

IF. :rolleyes:

I guess a Shels player never made the most of a challenge or contact ??

Yeah, all angels. :cool:

Paulw wrote: »
    IF. :rolleyes:

I guess a Shels player never made the most of a challenge or contact ??

Yeah, all angels. :cool:

Where did I even mention Shels players? Or call anyone angels? Do you people have a collective union to say things completely unrelated to anything anyones said at any stage before?

It was more his tone and boasting about it I found a bit off, overall he strikes me as a bit of a fool but good luck to him really.He's done his level best for Shels this season so I can't have any complaints really

• Advertisement

Its another pathetic low for shels fans when they troll facebook to have a pop at Sporting Fingal and post messages from a diffrent site on here.

Where did I even mention Shels players? Or call anyone angels?

Implications, not direct comment.

As for his comments, IF they are his comments, would be human. Nothing more.

Where did I even mention Shels players? Or call anyone angels? Do you people have a collective union to say things completely unrelated to anything anyones said at any stage before?

It was more his tone and boasting about it I found a bit off, overall he strikes me as a bit of a fool but good luck to him really.He's done his level best for Shels this season so I can't have any complaints really

Why did you bother to troll there in the first place. ?
    I is thinking that you are a closet Fingal fan ;)

Paulw wrote: »
    Implications, not direct comment.

As for his comments, IF they are his comments, would be human. Nothing more.

Well not really, no. It'd show a certain amount of pride in cheating. Not really desirable qualitys in anyone. It'd be like if you follow Ireland hearing Dudu Awatt or however you spell his name boasting on twitter about his actions in Lansdowne road for Israel. IF it's true.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fairly stupid of him if it is true

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Time for thread closure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement